NGK CR9EIA-9 with threaded top?

Sous

Donating Member
Registered
I bought some NGK CR9EIA-9 (6289) spark plugs so I change change out the stock ones in my Gen II. The NGK plugs have the small threaded top on them, is this the right plug or did I get the wrong one? I thought the plugs required the larger beveled top on them, but I could be wrong.

The Cheese is wrong on this one. The service manual says that the correct NGK plug is CR9EIA-9 or DENSO IU27D and they both come with a threaded post.

The Cheese is wrong on this one. The service manual says that the correct NGK plug is CR9EIA-9 or DENSO IU27D and they both come with a threaded post.

I knew this difference of opinion was going to come up, that is why I tried to provide as much info as possible. I stated that I had a Gen II, the model and part number of the plug and a brief description.

I just don't want to get the bike torn down and find out I have the wrong plug end to put the coil onto.

I knew this difference of opinion was going to come up, that is why I tried to provide as much info as possible. I stated that I had a Gen II, the model and part number of the plug and a brief description.

I just don't want to get the bike torn down and find out I have the wrong plug end to put the coil onto.

You can find a PDF downloadable Service manual on this thread. Spark Plug requirements on on page 24 or section 0A-11.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-...51300-request-service-owner-s-manual-pdf.html

Here ya go boys.

:thumbsup:

NGK Spark Plugs | PashnitMoto.com Buy Now

2363.jpg

2363.jpg

Thanks for the replies on the plugs. I have already purchased them and they are at my house now. I was surprised to see that they had the threaded end instead of the bullet end, so before tearing into the bike I wanted to make sure I had the right ones.

From the part number JC was right. :laugh: I have had my bike 3 years now decided to change the plugs, It's an 06 and probably still has the original ones in it. The ones for the Gen 1 are also threaded on the top same part # thats on the chart for the gen 1

Back