News

MzBusa

Registered
This was on the news last night about motorcycles:
News
They mostly showed video of guys doing stunt wearing hardly any gear.

<!--EDIT|MzBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115880795 -->

Speed is Addictive.. and thats what that article suggests i guess..
biggrin.gif

Guess I'm a potential statistic. Might have to slow down a bit.........wait a minuite, I never ride fast either.

One of the Docs at the VA told me about this today.  He said he thought of me when he read it.  I had to laugh!  I should have told him that if I was going to push the Busa, I'd disintegrate on impact, so they wouldn't be able to ID my anyway!  
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|TruWrecks
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116064300 -->

speed... power ... youngsters, not a very good combinations!! Very difficult to put sense into youngsters to wear proper gear when they are riding... that time of life when you think you know everything
blush.gif

...I think authorities should spend some money trying to project that wearing protective gear is a fashion statement... then maybe we can expect more youngsters to were riding gear
wink.gif
tounge.gif

Am I the only one that noticed how sportbikes with our 200mph B.S. were neatly tied in with powerful, heavy cruising machines? I wish they would let someone that knew something about bikes write an article for once.....

Well Mr. Brown, did ya notice that it also said that the average motorcyclist age is no 41?  That also means a bunch more 'chronologically experienced' riders are actually  
newbie.gif
's!  That in itself is going to raise the number of possible fatalities.  And they forgot to mention that there has been an increase of about 80% 'New' riders during that same six years!  More riders on the road = more possibility for fatalities on bikes!  Sounds like a no-brainer to me!

Ride Safe!
beerchug.gif

Yup, ain't it neat how they overlook all these factors before pushing the "panic, bikes are bad" button?

I wonder do they factor in the bimbo driving the SUV/MiniVAN on a cell phone who is all over the road? And your in her way when she is in the far right lane making a 3 lane left turn??? and takes out that biker cause he was 2 lanes from her and 1 lane to the right of her left turn??? Do they take in account the bimbo in a truck who backs over the biker and then runs over the biker again for good measure when she speeds forward over the biker again??? Or is that a non addiction???

<!--EDIT|FAKK2
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115966616 -->

Up 70% huh, Well hell you got 200x's the amount of bikes on the road now so its not as bad as it sounds. When #'s double so does statistics.

It is all of those old guys that are the trouble makers anyway.  
wow.gif
Hmmmm could not be that 16 or 17 year old or 20 something year old who's never road a bike ever getting a gixxer 600 750 1K or a Busa Hmmmm... Or that bimbo in the suv/minivan who has to be on the phone and clips the biker cause she is in far left or right lane and needs to make that far right or left turn and cuts off everyone in the other 2 lanes to make that turn Hmmmm it is all the Bikers fault and the older ones you know the 40 something who been on bikes 20 years their too old to know better than 20 something or 30 something who are far more experinced and mature...
poke.gif

Back