NewRider Reacts: Wow! I don't know what's better...the bike, or this forum?

HayaWakened

Donating Member
Registered
Just bought a '14 Hayabusa. 10,167 miles, "Daring Red". It seems to be stuck in A mode, so I rode it home that way and am alive to post about it. Anyone else have the blinking "A" problem? That's all indicator does when activated at switch: blinks "A", no matter how, which, or what combination buttons are pressed, toggled, etc. Powered on, powered off, bike running, not running, yep, tried all the above. The consensus on this forum seems to be: "Yay! If the bloody thing doesn't work, you're in good shape!" With which I am in agreement since arriving at the Hayabusa from a naked liter bike. But...if this an electrical problem of the progressive kind...should I be worried? Or should I just ignore this anomaly and continue riding and enjoying (until I experience a massive electrical malfunction that wipes out the ECU)?

Any all thoughts/pointers on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

You have to hold the button for several seconds.

7D4E3FB8-9F59-49EC-9FD0-138B22C6ED10.png

Pop the front seat and see if the ECU has any sticker stating it was “flashed” by a shop. I believe I read somewhere that modes are deactivated after a flash. No offense to you, but a “massive electrical malfunction that wipes out the ECU” is WAAAY over reacting. I couldn’t even tell you if mine works of not. I never liked the fact that the thing resets to “A” every time you restart the bike, so never messed with it and mine was flashed anyways. @sixpack577 can you confirm if the modes are disabled after a flash? You flashed mine years ago, but don’t remember all the details. @c10 didn’t you mention something about the modes recently?

My modes came back for 1 ride after 3 years , and worked for 100 miles lol . ECU is flashed . , and it keeps it in A mode hence why I show nothing on my display . Depending on who flashed it there could be a few settings that alter how the modes work .

Welcome, this is a great place to speak anything especially Hayabusa speak.

Mine stays on A mode, generally flashing isn't a good thing but in this case, if the ECU is flashed anything is possible.

This is such a nice place to hang out.
Thanks to all for the warm welcome!
@mabupa : None taken, I do have a tendency to overreact.
Is this the right place to post pics of a new bike?
So, I'll put them here for now, but will research the rules & etiquette for this forum, generally, over this week. This forum (as compared to other bike make/model forums) feels respectful, encouraging, supportive, and I wish to continue in such good form. Here, I am surrounded by legends!
20190129_095145.jpg

20190129_095152.jpg

20190129_095916.jpg

IMG_2224.JPG

IMG_2225.JPG

That gold plate, below the handlebars...is that a riser? Once I find the right place to do so, I'll UL pics that show how the brake lever depresses against the instrument cluster on a left wheel lock, and I suspect this complication is a result of that riser, if that's what it is called.

Thanks again, everyone. I am very happy to be here, to be an owner.

p.s.:
@Mathewrussell52 : Thank you, and yes, attempted that process with no luck.
@mabupa : Pulled the front seat, no such labeling, stickering, which does not rule out a flash, but does intrigue... was hoping I could contact previous Flash Co and gain perspective. I suppose I could pull the ECU and mail it in, and a Flash Co could at least give me a report on current settings, right? I've added that to my (ever-growing) to-do list!
Thanks again everyone!

Pop the front seat and see if the ECU has any sticker stating it was “flashed” by a shop. I believe I read somewhere that modes are deactivated after a flash. No offense to you, but a “massive electrical malfunction that wipes out the ECU” is WAAAY over reacting. I couldn’t even tell you if mine works of not. I never liked the fact that the thing resets to “A” every time you restart the bike, so never messed with it and mine was flashed anyways. @sixpack577 can you confirm if the modes are disabled after a flash? You flashed mine years ago, but don’t remember all the details. @c10 didn’t you mention something about the modes recently?

As far as I know, the mode switch no longer works after an ecu flash, at least with Ecu Editor, and the 3 dozen or so I've done.

p.s.:
@Mathewrussell52 : Thank you, and yes, attempted that process with no luck.
@mabupa : Pulled the front seat, no such labeling, stickering, which does not rule out a flash, but does intrigue... was hoping I could contact previous Flash Co and gain perspective. I suppose I could pull the ECU and mail it in, and a Flash Co could at least give me a report on current settings, right? I've added that to my (ever-growing) to-do list!
Thanks again everyone!

Where are you located?

Back