NewRider Reacts: Wow! I don't know what's better...the bike, or this forum?

Just bought a '14 Hayabusa. 10,167 miles, "Daring Red". It seems to be stuck in A mode, so I rode it home that way and am alive to post about it. Anyone else have the blinking "A" problem? That's all indicator does when activated at switch: blinks "A", no matter how, which, or what combination buttons are pressed, toggled, etc. Powered on, powered off, bike running, not running, yep, tried all the above. The consensus on this forum seems to be: "Yay! If the bloody thing doesn't work, you're in good shape!" With which I am in agreement since arriving at the Hayabusa from a naked liter bike. But...if this an electrical problem of the progressive kind...should I be worried? Or should I just ignore this anomaly and continue riding and enjoying (until I experience a massive electrical malfunction that wipes out the ECU)?

Any all thoughts/pointers on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

No worries.
Leave it in A mode.
It's not going to cause any problems.

This is such a nice place to hang out.
Thanks to all for the warm welcome!
@mabupa : None taken, I do have a tendency to overreact.
Is this the right place to post pics of a new bike?
So, I'll put them here for now, but will research the rules & etiquette for this forum, generally, over this week. This forum (as compared to other bike make/model forums) feels respectful, encouraging, supportive, and I wish to continue in such good form. Here, I am surrounded by legends!
View attachment 1593519

View attachment 1593520

View attachment 1593521

View attachment 1593522

View attachment 1593523

That gold plate, below the handlebars...is that a riser? Once I find the right place to do so, I'll UL pics that show how the brake lever depresses against the instrument cluster on a left wheel lock, and I suspect this complication is a result of that riser, if that's what it is called.

Thanks again, everyone. I am very happy to be here, to be an owner.
Nice bike! As for the levers touching the dash, is a common problem when installing certain bar riser and lever combos. My levers had to be adjusted up/down until I found the “sweet spot” to were they clear the dash by 1 or 2 mm. Looks to me like the brake and clutch levers don’t seem to be adjusted to the exact same position.

So, I'll put them here for now, but will research the rules & etiquette for this forum, generally, over this week. This forum (as compared to other bike make/model forums) feels respectful, encouraging, supportive, and I wish to continue in such good form. Here, I am surrounded by legends!
View attachment 1593519

View attachment 1593520

View attachment 1593521

View attachment 1593522

View attachment 1593523

That gold plate, below the handlebars...is that a riser? Once I find the right place to do so, I'll UL pics that show how the brake lever depresses against the instrument cluster on a left wheel lock, and I suspect this complication is a result of that riser, if that's what it is called.

These top plates are not primarily meant to be a bar riser, rather a means of lowering the front end by being able to raise the fork sliders thru the yokes . . consequently being called a 'lowering yoke'.
Here's the lowering yoke on Ali-Express . . .
Cheap enough to change colors every other day!
If I could get one for my Gen 1 ( I haven't seen any available for Gen 1 ) I'd be' in with a grin' !
Hey does anyone know if the Gen 2 and Gen 1 have the same spacing on the fork slider/ bolt pattern for the top plate??

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fro...lgo_pvid=d638a194-237d-45eb-8595-3f6570772230
1548831851719.png

Last edited:
Do you know if the bike was modded before you bought it? I'd be curious if the bike had a full exhaust on it and is tuned for that and not a stock pipe setup. They look pretty clean for 10k miles on them and it seems odd that an otherwise stock bike would have the front end lowered. Just my thoughts.

These top plates are not primarily meant to be a bar riser, rather a means of lowering the front end by being able to raise the fork sliders thru the yokes . . consequently being called a 'lowering yoke'.
Here's the lowering yoke on Ali-Express . . .
Cheap enough to change colors every other day!
If I could get one for my Gen 1 ( I haven't seen any available for Gen 1 ) I'd be' in with a grin' !
Hey does anyone know if the Gen 2 and Gen 1 have the same spacing on the fork slider/ bolt pattern for the top plate??

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fro...lgo_pvid=d638a194-237d-45eb-8595-3f6570772230
View attachment 1593542
I spent weeks shopping for one of these badboys because my bike is now lowered in the rear and the front is stock height it looks like a monster truck pulling a hole shot.

What I found is that not all of these top plates are created equal. The indexing and positioning of the bars can vary drastically. I finally decided between the Roaring Toys or the Ball Z one.

The Roaring Toys was a nice product and definitely would have served me well but I wound up going with the Ball Z because it uses the clamp bolt to secure the clip on like the factory. That I felt was a definate plus.

Also something to bear mind to is the key cylinder. Those in the pic above do not appear to have a key cylinder provision.

https://www.ballzmotorsports.com/Hayabusa-Black-Silver-3D-Triple-Tree-Package-p/z184.htm
Ball Z one Found here

https://store.schnitzracing.com/roaring-toyz-triple-clamp-suzuki-gsx1300r-hayabusa-99-19/

That is the Roaring Toys.

Do you know if the bike was modded before you bought it? I'd be curious if the bike had a full exhaust on it and is tuned for that and not a stock pipe setup. They look pretty clean for 10k miles on them and it seems odd that an otherwise stock bike would have the front end lowered. Just my thoughts.

Sorry for the lapse in answering this question, and I have no answer, just suspicions. Yes, it seems to me weird to lower the front, but I started (less than a week ago) knowing nothing about these bikes. Why would one need to lower the front end of a bike like this? Did Suzuki make a design/engineering error and lowering the front corrects it? What would be the application for a lowered front end (as opposed to raising the bars, which I get)?
Regarding exhausts: according to the dealer, there were no exhausts on this bike when they bought it at auction in Arizona May 2018 (according to the VIN report). Those bolt-ons, they said, "were some 'Busa OEMs we had laying around". Which leads me to believe there was an aftermarket setup of some sort...naturally. Also naturally, there's some spare wire underneath the rear seat trunk, which I haven't traced yet, but immediately suspected a power commander...but if the ECU's been flashed (as I suspect it has, since the throttle mode switch is disabled) why would one need a power commander?

I'm too new and uneducated to have any opinion, just all these questions and suspicions.

Now, in regards that lowering yoke (or riser-looking thing) currently on my bike: following are some photos that show how the rise has complicated the brake/clutch lever clearance (and, as well, the brake/clutch fluid reservoirs; note the scuff marks where they hit the instrument cluster fairing on wheel lock). This thread reports that such a mod complication is not unusual for these bike. I've not yet attempted to adjust the rotational aspect of the levers in order to compensate, but am already thinking any adjustment would result in either ergonomic unpleasantness, or an increase in reservoir contact at the fairing. And finally, why does it appear as though the instrument cluster (fairings) are out of alignment? The answer to this question may require a full disassembly of that cluster.
20190129_095916.jpg
IMG_2222.JPG
20190129_083400.jpg
20190129_083408.jpg
20190129_083416.jpg

Lowering triple clamp allows sliding the fork tubes up for the risers. Or lowering the bike for drag racing purposes. Clearance issues, as you've discovered, are solved by trimming, or removal of the clamp. Pull the fairings apart and see if you can fix the alignment of the gauges, be patient and you won't hurt anything.

These tripple trees cost more $ than what Suzuki provided; cost cut. They can be adjusted where you want for different purposes; usually for better handling in turns or dragging or just for looks.

View attachment 1593519

View attachment 1593520

View attachment 1593521

View attachment 1593522

View attachment 1593523

Plate is tripple tree that replaces the OE one that is flat with no openings. Holes allow forks to move up into tree or further which lowers front height of bike for better handling or drag set up.

Back