Newest busa owner here.

300Busa

Chillaxin...
Donating Member
Registered
Hey guys/gals, I am a 25 year old male from the south Chicago Suburbs.  I have been riding for 5 years now.  My previous bikes were both gixxer 600's.  I always said that I would never buy a Busa and that I was going to get a gixxer 1000 someday.  Well that all changed once I recently rode my buddies 04 Busa.  I fell in love almost instantly with the comfort of the Busa compared to my bike.  I never even turned the throttle half way and it accelerated as hard as my bike did wide open.  Well after that ride I deep down inside wanted one really bad, but I knew the wife wouldn't go for it.  Then the next weekend we went to a stealership in the city just looking around, and she says "what is that bike over there?".  Well it was a busa, but I didn't say anything about how much I really wanted one.  I then started to tell her how nice of a ride it was and that it would be a great bike for two-up.  So we left the stealership and were driving home talking about the bike and I got her to agree that I could look for one.  So I called my buddy up and asked if I could borrow his Busa to take my wife for a ride.....she loved it.  I ended up finding a brand new '05 left over from last year at my favorite dealership.  He let me have it for $9400 otd with no trade.  He has one more left.  They both are black/silver.  I am picking up the check from my bank in the morning, but won't be able to pick the bike up for two days because of my work schedule (weather permitting that is).  I will post pics asap.  From what I have been reading, you people are really intelligent and I am looking forward to knowing some of you.  Thanks for such a great place to learn.

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

<!--EDIT|300Busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151561986 -->

Congrats, welcome to the board and now that you have posted your computer has received a virus that was then transmitted to you. It is called the "MOD Bug". There are several treatments for it but most of them cost money.

Don

Congrats, welcome to the board and now that you have posted your computer has received a virus that was then transmitted to you.  It is called the "MOD Bug".  There are several treatments for it but most of them cost money.

Don
All I want to do (with in reason anyways) is put a full exhaust, lower 1" because I am already 6' 4" and stretch it a couple of inches. The things that I am for sure doing asap are getting an undertail, removing stickers/reflectors and a new windscreen. I think I am going to go the Ebay route, unless you guys have a better place. I also have to remember that the "reason" I bought this bike was so my wife could ride on it.

congrats but we have heard that all I want to do is..... Line before
you'll see you'll see

Welcome and don't forget to post some pics

Congrats be sure and wear your gear.
ALWAYS!  I have seen too many friends go down with out it.  I just wear my helmet, gloves, boots and jacket in town.  When I go to work on the interstate I also wear two pairs of jeans (Can't find any full leathers that fit me.  I am 6'4" 170 pounds.  I wear a 33X36 in jeans.  Let me know where I can find a reasonable pair.

<!--EDIT|300Busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151294925 -->

Congrats on the new bike, helluva deal! You and the wife will be very please with the ride. Oh and welcome to the board.
Definitely the windscreen. I'm 6'3 and wound up getting the Puig racing double bubble. Perfect, I now can see the dash above the cluster with no problem. Charles from Street and Track can hook you up. Everyone I have done business with here, sponsors and members, have been great. Hunt around the main page and use the Search engine, you can find anything you need.
Remember, we need pics asap!

Congrats and welcome! We'll be lookin' forward to those pics once you get her home.

Congratz! And if you hadn't figured it out, we really like pics!

Congratulations and welcome to the board!
smile.gif

Got the check today, waiting for the rain to stop and for the wife to get off of work so she can drive my car back.

300Busa, you have messed up now. I've ridden motorcycles for almost 35 years. I bought the Busa just 6 months ago and have had more fun since then than I ever did before, and I had a ball before.

I don't know about the intelligence level on here, but we sure do enjoy our bikes. Ehh, we like pictures too. Welcome to the madness. It is addicting.

Dan

Yep, you're making a good move. You will love your new bike.
Congrats, and will look forward to the pics.

Back