Newest Addition

Bike I mean car payment…..lol. Sarge got through 50lbs of dog food a month. His last checkup and shots was 400. He needs a tooth removed and cleaning that will start at 500. But he is part of the family as is miles now. Between them and 2 teenagers, I don’t see a new car or bike in at least 4 years lol

When I was a young fellow on the farm growing up, there was a pack of domestic dogs turned feral...my dad always told me if I heard them to take cover as they had no fear of man and would attack. I remember seeing that pack come into our farm yard and there was every type of dog.

We would hear them all barking in the distance and it always brought a cold chill down my back...

When I was overseas, it was common for dogs to be homeless and form packs when their owners fled war zones. Even as an adult with hundreds of rounds of ammo on me and an automatic weapon, I still got chills when I heard those packs of dogs...

I have had dogs with me for over 35 years ,can’t live without them .these are my
latest ,2 girls they keep me up and moving for sure.

593C58EA-59B8-4247-AA58-1206FB44CE02.jpeg

E54AEBFE-71C8-4C61-AB98-74422C953FAE.jpeg

We had a cat for over 18 yrs...my wife has been hankering for another critter...so we were looking at some ads for cats or dogs...I saw an ad for a cat for $1500.....I almost fell off the couch....

One of my neighbors recently got 2 pure-bred chocolate labs and paid $3k a piece for them (unfixed). It cost them $1k a piece to fix them.....he figures his wife spent another $3k on dog stuff (toys, shelters, those cool beds @c10 has...etc).

Wow prices are high up there, but then again I have seen some crazy asking prices in pups here too.
The sad part is all the people who were working from home all deciding to get dogs and then went back to work leaving the dogs sitting looking out the window...or worse being sold off or sent to the shelters....or set loose...

I found a very nice mix breed dog last fall just wandering around...it was pretty scared....one of the neighbors down the street took him in when I told them about him...the posted his picture and someone responded and said that looks like their neighbor's dog that they said they took to the shelter...someone else reported they saw a van come into our neighborhood and drop off the dog then drive away....

I wish I would have seen that...I would have liked to drop them off.......the end of a knuckle sandwich....

We had a cat for over 18 yrs...my wife has been hankering for another critter...so we were looking at some ads for cats or dogs...I saw an ad for a cat for $1500.....I almost fell off the couch....

One of my neighbors recently got 2 pure-bred chocolate labs and paid $3k a piece for them (unfixed). It cost them $1k a piece to fix them.....he figures his wife spent another $3k on dog stuff (toys, shelters, those cool beds @c10 has...etc).
Who the h*ll pays money for a cat?
lmao
I have 2 of them...but I picked one up out of the road, and the other just showed up.
Like every cat my folks had when I was growing up, they wander through, get fed, and decide they'll stay, lol.

I was stunned by the cost of a cat....

The $1500 cat was called a Bengal cat....looked pretty cool but I heard they had lots of issues.

We paid $20 at the SPCA for our old cat....she was an orange tabby.
gotcha
friends wife had 2, one died and got another. F that!!!
You know a house cat would kill you if it could, and how high they can jump.
The Bengal cats were 20-30lbs, looked like gray/brown tiger striped mini mountain lions.
hid most of the time, but the speed they could move and heigth they could jump...no way...I'm thankful it didn't kill one of their kids...seriously.
They gave it away after about 3 or 4 years.
I make it a rule to never live with anything capable of killing you, other than a woman...an even that's iffy...

Not to beat up too much on @SSGT_B 's thread...his fur babies are awesome...and the young one will be a great running buddy.

One of my former colleagues has this little grey tabby cat which absolutely owns him and his wife...I get a chuckle when I see him interact with this little cat...

Here is a guy who has done some very dangerous and death defying things in his career and who was able to strike fear into some very scary people laying on the couch not wanting to move so he won't wake up his cat...the last time I visited him I got bored and barked like a dog therefore waking up the cat....then said "cat's up, let's go!"

Not to beat up too much on @SSGT_B 's thread...his fur babies are awesome...and the young one will be a great running buddy.

One of my former colleagues has this little grey tabby cat which absolutely owns him and his wife...I get a chuckle when I see him interact with this little cat...

Here is a guy who has done some very dangerous and death defying things in his career and who was able to strike fear into some very scary people laying on the couch not wanting to move so he won't wake up his cat...the last time I visited him I got bored and barked like a dog therefore waking up the cat....then said "cat's up, let's go!"
Love it!

I had to cancel another appointment with my cardiologist. My wife was totally pissed and asked me what was more pressing than my failing heart? I told her Dakota needed to go to the vet because she threw up again. As absurd as that sounds that's just the way me and my girls roll...

Dakota Mugshot.jpg

Raven Mugshot.jpg

Your luck you had an appointment to miss. I've just had a letter telling me i will be having a phone call @ 9.30am on 23rd March about my heart problem.
:confused:

Back