Newest Addition

SSGT_B

Registered
my wife has been hounding me for a few years to get her a running buddy as sarge can only go about a mile then he is done. We went to the spca to see a 3 yr old rescue however another one popped up last night that I thought looked neat. I told her I would know in 5 min whether or not he is a good fit. Well he was adopted within 20 min of us seeing him. I did not want another dog but I just couldn’t say no to either on of them. So welcome Miles. Named for the many miles he is about to run. He is between 5-8 months old and is a leppord catahoula. I should have named him shadow as he is mine for some reason

Let the fun begin

62438652-CF0F-45CA-A267-7C79493F2EDF.jpeg
78B4C697-288A-4EDD-B03A-045A96F3FE73.jpeg
F69AD5ED-6A23-44BE-8F9E-70BC295481C6.jpeg

She already had him out this morning training. A 2.25 mile jog walk. He will go out 3 times a week for now till he’s a bit older.
....I just re-read my post...how in the heck did I miss a "y" in many.....

He will stay in shape for sure....our neighbor has a Weimararner and it loves to run and run...he had him chasing them around on their snowmobiles today....he figures he'll sleep good tonight...

An interesting fact told to me by an animal behaviorist...I guess when a dog sits on your feet or leans against your legs, they are hugging you..?? Each and every time I visit someone with dogs they do this...I go to walk away and I have dogs on my feet....

Sarge loves to plop his fat ass down on your feet lol. Then refuse to move. Miles however has not learned that yet. He does know how to sit if he wants to get pet or a belly scratch. Only one incident in the house but that’s my fault for not taking him out on the hour while he’s learning.

It costs more to insure both our dogs than all our cars and bikes put together. £550 ($740 USD) each this year.
Vet bills are mad. We just paid £83 ($112 USD) per dog for ear drops. £50 ($67 USD) of that was vet fees per dog.

You can see why so many dogs end up needing new homes. I hate the people who think it's cool getting a puppy and not knowing what it costs in money and time to care for them for 8+ years
Our 2 GSD's are our babys and are never locked up and have the run of the place day or night.

well done to both SSGT_B and his Mrs for the love they are giving both there dogs (babys) :thumbsup:

Last edited:
What's worse for me is strays.
I'm back home with Ma and Dad for a month until my new house closes.
I keep my 4wheeler there now too, so took it out for a run yesterday.
Made it to the end of the trail(half mile) until it comes out on an old dirt road.
There I saw a bloodhound, sniffing around some old deer carcasses. Poor guy looked like like death, skin and bones, starving. He looked at me for a moment, and ran about 30' away.
I tore off back home, grabbed a big bag of catfood and a loaf of bread.
Made it back in 7-8 minutes tops, and left it there. I'm sure he didn't get out of range of that sniffer in the short time.
And it was early afternoon(coons and possums not out yet), so I'm pretty confident he came back and got it.
My Ma said she though she saw him run through the woods that morning.
Hopefully he'll come around(the strays always seem to find their house, lol).
I hate to see an animal so mistreated, especially in the cold.
I would love to get him, get him fat and happy and take him to my new house, let the guy retire.

I just seen you have wooden flooring. We had to carpet over most of ours. its got to funny seeing the dogs not being able to stop and end up crashing in to something when they play in doors. I also put astro turf in the garden as it lasts longer than grass with our 2.

Back