Newby Stepping over to the Dark Side

congrats and welcome aboard! im surprised that you switched over considering the 14 is a great bike. i assume you were just itching for a different look? cool pic's with the bride and kids. be safe!

welcome along and enjoy the bike when you get home.
I had an 09' ZX14 in green just like yours.........nice bike but just didn't tick all the boxes for me and niggled at a bad elbow i have from an old sports injury.
ZX power delivery is more like a litre bike whereas the Busa is much more friendly and use-able with no sudden peaky surges...just one long urge to rev further.
I started into Hyperbikes with 2 Gen 1 Busa's before the ZX and now on a Gen 2 13' LE and the first thing i hope you'll notice is that the suspension whilst not perfect on a Busa is better out of the crate than an old model ZX whilst I found to be very soft and more suited to touring than sports....Busa just fits nicely in the middle IMO.

Thanks for the information. I liked the 14 for corner carving to an extent. I am looking forward to seeing how the Busa compares. I will make the necessary adjustments a little at a time as I get used to the bike. I plan to lower mine a little front and rear and eventually stretch it a little. I will most likely drag race it at WIR a little next year after some mods:whistle:

My first love for the superbikes was the Busa, but when I went to buy one from the U.S. dealer in Germany, he was sold out and had the 07 ZX-14 there so I decided to get it. Loved the 14's. My wifes brother always dreamed of a Hayabusa but he died unexpectedly some years ago so this is also a tribute to him. He was younger than she is and loved to ride in Thailand.

LOL! Will do, my wife went and seen it already at the dealership. She asked if she could see her husbands second wife LMAO!!! God I love my wife, she is the greatest!

So I ordered some goodies for my bike already. Megaphone shorty pipes, rear spools, bar ends, Puig Z racing windscreen, Tidy Tail rear fender delete, red LED kit for night time fun and a Ball Z chrome chain guard.

Looking forward to getting home and installing all this stuff and do some riding. I should be leaving Afghanistan in a couple days.

Finally made it home from Afghanistan and picked up my Busa today. I srarted installing all the parts. WILL CLEAN it up today and get some better pics. It was raining when I picked it up and got dirty.

20130801_081204.jpg

20130801_081153.jpg

Back