Newbie, Windshield Removal Question

lifguardct

Registered
I have had the bike for two weeks now and just piked up a ZG DB screen. Do you have to remove the inner panels? What do the windshield screws screw into, will the nuts fall down inside or are they attached to something?

Thanks...

We have a plethora of knowledge and information here at your disposal. The search feature gives great access to said knowledge and information.

to a thread asking the very same question you asked.

Look around.
Search around.

Plenty of good people here. We'll keep the light on for ya....just don't drink straight from the carton.

Take out the two screws...pull out the two grommets, they are the nuts
wink.gif
then remove the screen. Put some electrical tape on the leading edge of the new screen...this will eliminate any rattles...install the new screen
biggrin.gif

(heavybusa @ Oct. 04 2006,10:07) And then post pics!!
Pics.... I hope this works.
The one on the Right is mine, the left one is my sons, (both Blue 06's) and my FZ1 in the middle.

IM004402small.JPG

(frisbee @ Oct. 04 2006,21:07) You and your son have matching bikes , Thats cool  
super.gif
!!
He had his first and I was leaning toward a Red 06, but I found this one at a car lot. It was traded in with 310 miles and still mint. The sales manager wanted to move it so I bought it on my birthday.  
jump9.gif

smile.gif

(lifguardct @ Oct. 05 2006,00:22)
(frisbee @ Oct. 04 2006,21:07) You and your son have matching bikes , Thats cool  
super.gif
!!
He had his first and I was leaning toward a Red 06, but I found this one at a car lot. It was traded in with 310 miles and still mint. The sales manager wanted to move it so I bought it on my birthday.  
jump9.gif

smile.gif
thats one hell of a birthday treat
beerchug.gif

Nice pics!! Thats pretty cool you and your son with matching bikes! So when is the mod upgrade challenge starting. Who has deeper pockets here? Should be fun! The windscreen is really easy to remove as explained above!

(extreemachine @ Oct. 06 2006,12:03) Nice pics!! Thats pretty cool you and your son with matching bikes!  So when is the mod upgrade challenge starting. Who has deeper pockets here? Should be fun! The windscreen is really easy to remove as explained above!
Thanks, I think I would win the mod upgrade challenge.
smile.gif
I am going to try to swap the screens and put some Reaper bar risers on it in the next few days.

if you dont remove those warning stickers and reflectors youre wind screen will fall off
all_coholic.gif

na just playin
i say i`m keeping my busa for my son. thats cool you ride together
ride safe

Back