Newbie technical questions

BikePilot

Registered
I was cleaning my chain for the 1st time (just got the bike yesterday - Y2K, 3000 miles, 1 month of factory warranty left) and noticed a few things:

a) The chain has gold side plates, but one link has blue. The blue link is peened differently (It is not a clip-type though).
Is this the stock configuration, or has the chain been modified or replaced? The rear sprocket says 40T530. The chain sideplates say 50 GSV3

b) There is a little lash in the cush drive. much less than a degree I would guess. It it normal for there to be any slop? I don't think my FZR1000 ever exhibited any? Is this a warranty item?

c) There is a tab on the left exhaust pipe, before the muffler, with a hole in it. Is there supposed to be something in the hole (A rubber bumper for the kickstand?)?

d) The coolant seems to be blue or green. I was expecting pink for the RV type my FZR used. Is the factory fill a blue or green color?
Dave

I was cleaning my chain for the 1st time (just got the bike yesterday - Y2K, 3000 miles, 1 month of factory warranty left) and noticed a few things:

a) The chain has gold side plates, but one link has blue. The blue link is peened differently (It is not a clip-type though).
Is this the stock configuration, or has the chain been modified or replaced? The rear sprocket says 40T530. The chain sideplates say 50 GSV3

NOT A STOCK CHAIN FROM YOUR DISCRIPTION. Stock does not run Gold evk

b) There is a little lash in the cush drive. much less than a degree I would guess. It it normal for there to be any slop? I don't think my FZR1000 ever exhibited any? Is this a warranty item?

Should be under warrenty , check but should be OK

c) There is a tab on the left exhaust pipe, before the muffler, with a hole in it. Is there supposed to be something in the hole (A rubber bumper for the kickstand?)?

I never noticed on the stock pipes, I do not have one now.

d) The coolant seems to be blue or green. I was expecting pink for the RV type my FZR used. Is the factory fill a blue or green color?

Factory is green. You can have cycle coolant in green, blue and white, maybe more. Just know what you are putting in.

If you are not sure what is in it have it tested.
Dave

I have a 2000 Busa that I bought brand new. I just checked it and this is what I came up with.

(A) Same gold chain with blue master link which has been peened on. Same number 50 GSV3 on chain and same number 40T350 on rear sprocket.

(B) Not sure what your talking about.

© There should be a rubber in that hole if you have a factory center stand installed.

(D) The coolant is green.

Back