newbie set up problem please help !!!

iomdazzer

Registered
hi every one at .org,:bowdown: please can somebody give me solid advice, i have 2000 busa,8900 miles, which i ran factory stock for a year, then decided to put a full system on and its all gone wrong from their, the system i bought is a micron 4 into 1, stock air filter, g pak, and had the ecu remaped with the protech system, similar to the yoshie box, the bike is down on power as what i expected 149.08 rwhp and max torque is 94.88, plus ive got a real bad flat spot at aprox 3200 rpm, which gives a load crack as you roll through given revs, the tuner recons the problem lie s on the intake side, would a power commader 3 usb and a k&n filter sort this out, or am chucking good money at it and getting same result, have attached dyno result to show my problem, my head is now done in, lol, meny thanks in advance DAZZ.....:banghead:

2000 busa micron system remap..jpg

S7001471.jpg

Welcome!

:welcome:

IMO the Power Commander will give you some choices and ability to test.
I think it will solve your problems.

150hp on a 2000 Busa? Sounds like your Busa is sick with the flue. Something is robbing your HP. I would take it to a professional because it can be caused by numerous things. Im also thinking that the person that remapped your ECU may have done it wrong, since your problems occurred after you go your exhaust put on.

I would check and clean your fuel filter first.

meny thanks for replys guys, :thumbsup: flat spot wasnt there before remap, will check fuel filters also, forgot to mention have done the marble mod too, also motor still feels strong after flat spot but power still not great should have dynoed it stock first :confused: cheers DAZZ:bowdown:

hi, power not main issue, its the bad flat spot thats bothering me, and the cracking sound as revs rise through 3200 rpm, then takes off like a scolded cat, although would like it to be in the late 150 s, thanks for reply cheers Dazz :thumbsup:

save that map.. then try a different one from the website. For me the map with the Leo Vince exhaust,K&N filter and airbox mod worked fine down low. But the hindle map worked better up top, so I copied the top of the hindle map and pasted on top of the Leo Vincemap. Problem was solved, no sputtering or flatspots. Try this... it may help

thanks for reply bud, :bowdown: would need power commander to do this i guess, need to purchace one as yet, just trying to find right way of going on to sort my problem, tuners are very vague, and all they seem to want is your money, and the job is worse then you started, relieing on peoples ignorance, the proverb at the bottom of your listing rings true lol :laugh: :thumbsup:

a power commander will help but the 2000 year model cant use a pc3 usb I believe your year is a 16 bit ecu, so you will have to go with an old school power commander, or a new ecu and the sensor to go with it

Last edited:
I agree with power commander install. You can change maps like changing socks off your feet. You may want to look into doing the airbox mod if not already done so. It really wakes the beast up. Sometimes taking it to a pro can have it's ups and downs because they can also have you throwing money at a problem with a simple fix.

thanks for reply bud, :bowdown: would need power commander to do this i guess, need to purchace one as yet, just trying to find right way of going on to sort my problem, tuners are very vague, and all they seem to want is your money, and the job is worse then you started, relieing on peoples ignorance, the proverb at the bottom of your listing rings true lol :laugh: :thumbsup:

If you need a power commander, I have a buddy with one for that model. His bike was in the shop during Hurrican Katrina and the power commander and web cams is all he has left. Its the old design that allows timing adjustments. Map already installed that should work for you.

thanks for all the replys guys, :thumbsup: starting to make a bit of sence, thanks to bigfootatplay, for the offer of the commander, but got to save the cash to buy, as other things are taking priority at moment, not cheap to live in the isle of man, lol :bowdown: cheers Dazz

Back