newbie question

white lightnin

Registered
Hello org im new to the forum and i have to sayit is very informative. I just have one silly question i hope wont get me run off the forum,but what is a tre , and maps and what do they do. If someone doesnt feel like explaining i would be appreciative if u send me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

No dumb questions, just dumb mistakes.

Simply put:

Maps: short for fuel maps. Your ecu is set up to run a "map" around certain parameters set up for your bike, your mods. Fuel, air, throttle curves etc. Further expanded on a reflash you can include nitrous timing etc. Edit: your bike is set by the factory and if you have your ecu reflashed, you are changing the fuel map. Also done during a dyno tune via either an ecu editor or power commander, bazzaz, etc.

TRE: short for timing retard eliminator. You can purchase one and plug it in. Basic effect is removing the top speed restrictor that is in the 6th gear fuel map. You are essentially fooling the computer into thinking you are in 5th gear and not 6th. The downside is your bike will run the 5th gear fuel map in all gears. Some say it smooths things out in the lower gears, but that was not my experience.

I sure do thank u for that i felt like i was really out of my leauge by signin on. Sounds like i need to get my bike dyno to see what i have.

:ban: :laugh:

:welcome: to the org!

We do have :rulez: here though. You need to show pics of your bike if you are new!

:welcome: to the board

btw, this is what it looks like when you get your TRE(e) installed :thumbsup:

wm_normal_post-12-58329-tre.jpg

:welcome: WL... good lookin ride ya got there... dont let none of these hoons scare ya, we just like to have fun on here:beerchug:

BTW- if you need answers to any questions about the glorious hayabusa, this is the place to find 'em... the people on this forum are great (just dont talk about gear- helmet/no-helmet is a very touchy subject for some:laugh:) and hope you enjoy the greatest bike ever made!:thumbsup:

Back