Newbie Question.

Kahunas

Registered
I just purchased my first 2001 busa and was wondering how wide of a rear tire i can install on factory rim .
thank you all in advance :bowdown:

thats what i was thinking too something around 202 or so idk wanted to make sure is there a brand that i should go with in particular ? thanx B@DA$$08BUS@'s Avatar
B@DA$$08BUS@

It's all according to preference. I am personally a Pirelli Fan. I can not wait until their new Diablo Rosso corsa's come out here in the US. They were released last month in the European market in all sizes. They are a beautiful tyre and supposedly the perfect ALL AROUND tire.

Pirelli_Diablo_Rosso-Corsa.jpg

200 is about as wide as you can go on a stock rim as mentioned and there are a few models of tires specifically made for the busa. I think think Michelin, Bridgestone and Pirelli are the brands.

Alot of people on here love the avon storm's. I have only run the factory Bridgestones on my 08, or Pirelli's inthe past. I would weigh use, longevity and cost to figure desired tire(s).

pilot powers are a fav too, just remember if you are replacing stockers with some of these others, the profile of the tire is way different. They allow for some much quicker turn ins on corners but can make parking lot maneuvers a bit more interesting the first few times out :whistle:

pilot powers are a fav too, just remember if you are replacing stockers with some of these others, the profile of the tire is way different. They allow for some much quicker turn ins on corners but can make parking lot maneuvers a bit more interesting the first few times out :whistle:

Good point

I run the metzler road tec on the rear and sporttec on the front all factory sizes 190 rear and not sure about the front right off the top of my head. I have heard you can put a 205 on the stock rim but I have never really researched it. Hope this helps good luck and post pics.

The extra width of the 200 will slightly decrease handling if u like curves, were as dropping to a 180 will make it feel as it turns a little quicker.

The extra width of the 200 will slightly decrease handling if u like curves, were as dropping to a 180 will make it feel as it turns a little quicker.

ok good deal i went to push mountain last year in AR. good roads and yes i love curves if you havent been to push go its a blast just be careful the first run lot of people die there so im told lots of switch backs tight switch backs

A 200 wide rear tire is about the widest you can go with and be safe. Those Diablo Rosso are some nice lookin tires. :thumbsup:

It's all according to preference. I am personally a Pirelli Fan. I can not wait until their new Diablo Rosso corsa's come out here in the US. They were released last month in the European market in all sizes. They are a beautiful tyre and supposedly the perfect ALL AROUND tire.

i like those, myself i'm a Pirelli fan also

I think you shouldn't try to go over a 200 on a stock rim. As far as tires are concerned. most people usually try different brands until they get something they are comfortable with. I prefer michelin Pilot Powers 2CT. I think they are durable and the price is pretty fair and they stick like glue in the curves. I have also rode bridgestone but didn't prefer them on my Busa. Just keep in mind when you switch over to a soft compound tire you may not get as many miles out of it as oppose to the stock tire. However they will handle much better.

Back