newbie question: two person touring

ninja_charlie

Registered
Hello from Seattle,

I just joined the forums a few days ago.

I'm 22 years old and have been riding non-aggressively for 3 years. I currently ride a 2005 BMW k1200LT, but I've been interested in switching to something a bit sportier looking while retaining touring capabilities. I've read of a few people who tour long distances solo on the Hayabusa, but has anyone had any experience with touring with a passenger on the 'busa? How big of saddlebags can you fit on the bike? I've read about the Corbin Beetle Bags, but they seem too small. More importantly, has anyone had experience riding 500mile+ days with two people? Thanks in advance for the answers.

Thanks,
ninja_charlie

honestly my wife can only handle about hour and change due to accident in her youth...someone is bound to chime in

Hello from Seattle,

I just joined the forums a few days ago.

I'm 22 years old and have been riding non-aggressively for 3 years. I currently ride a 2005 BMW k1200LT, but I've been interested in switching to something a bit sportier looking while retaining touring capabilities. I've read of a few people who tour long distances solo on the Hayabusa, but has anyone had any experience with touring with a passenger on the 'busa? How big of saddlebags can you fit on the bike? I've read about the Corbin Beetle Bags, but they seem too small. More importantly, has anyone had experience riding 500mile+ days with two people? Thanks in advance for the answers.

Thanks,
ninja_charlie

I see a reply from PASHNIT in your future...
Do a search (in the top gray bar) for saddlebags and him and check out some of his posts.

and :welcome:

:welcome: Charlie. I ride two up 80% of the time and we do long days in the saddle and my wife just gets a num bum now and then so I think it comes down to the actual pillions tollerance to sitting on the back for long periods, that said we love the long rides and the comfort the the Busa provides. AS for luggage I have an RJ's adventure bag that we have on the back and it extends to twice it's size if needed.
ImageShack Links Do Not Work

Back