Newbie Question...Suit Requirement at the Tracks

rg42284

Registered
Just purchased my Busa a month ago. Brand new 2004. I am in no way rushing into dragging the bike anytime soon, but I plan on running it before the year ends.  What's required at the tracks regarding what should be worn? Helmet, jacket, pants,boots, etc.?  Sorry for the newbie questions.  Will be hitting Famoso Raceway in Bakersfield when they have Test & Tune nights.

I know the tracks here in the Northeast require either one piece leathers or zip together two piece leathers when you go over 120 mph(which you better) in the quarter. A snell 90 helmet Boots that cover your ankles. Gloves at some of the tracks require either studded palms or kevlar linning. And for the bike you have to have a chain guard & teather kill switch.

Jim

What's a teather kill switch? Anyone around Famoso Raceway interested in running during their test & tune in june?

tether kill switch is a strap that goes from your body to a switch that will kill the ignition if you fall off.

Thunder Valley in Noble Oklahoma also requires that you wear full leathers if you go over 120mph in the 1/4 mile, which the busa will every time...

I'm running mid 10's @ 138MPH on my 01 GSXR 1000...Thats all stock except for a slip on exhaust...The busa's are faster than that..Its a hell of a good race though

You also have to have boots, gloves, Helmet...They didn't say anything about a kill switch, but this is a test and tune night..

Most test and tune sessions simply require that you have a leather jacket and helmet, gloves and boots and that your brakes work. Races are a little different. It depends on who promotes the races and/or sanctions it. Just about all require a kill switch with the tether lanyard. A cheap way is to put a self-tapping screw in your stock kill switch and buy a lanyard from Schnitz Racing. Like he said earlier, if you are faster than 120, got to have a full set of leathers.
cool.gif

At my little race way up here for a bike you need a snell 90 helment jean or leather jacket ankle over boots and thats about it but then if you can run faster then a 10.99 quarter you need leathers, and a kill switch, i'm gona see if i can get by with my full ballistic suit i have don't really wana spend money on leathers when i have a full suit of sorts already

Finally got a hold of the track, Famoso Raceway, here in Bakersfield, California. They require full leathers, 2 piece acceptable, just as long as they're zipped. Kill switch is a must and the basics: helmet, gloves, boots. Thanx for the inputs.

Back