Newbie question: cable lock routing

Kevin Jones

Registered
Ok, I pulled a late late nighter and I am not really all there right now and I cant understand why I cannot remember how the cable originally went. I pulled it out to replace the inner fender, and then came back to it and I simply cannot understand how this is the only way I can make it work. There is definitely something I am overlooking due to being overtired and not having a second set of eyes. Anyway, I was able to make the cable work like this but this cannot be that bad of a design that the cable should have to stay inverted like that to work. Or is there something I am not seeing? Coffee isnt helping, please help fellas. I dont want to put the seat or anything on until I have this figured out or there will be problems for sure.

cable1.jpg

cable2.jpg

Your seat lock is backwards. Where the cable connects should be at the rear of the bike (180 degrees from where it is now).

More specifically, the seat lock that attaches to the crossmember of the bike.

Thank you so much. Such a good thing I am going through this bike methodically. Previous owner did not care for it properly. Same guy that cut that fender well and gouged it all up. It is a lot of work but I am learning the bike as I go through this.

The cable is too long. When I flipped the mount, it is too long. This must be the wrong cable for a gen I hence why it was inverted in the first place. The only way to make it work at all was to turn the mount it backwards and route the cable in a dumb way.

Back