newbie owner

darby ofool

Registered
hello all i'm new to the whole busa thing i had mine about four days and are trying to get a idea of what problem's they have or might have and to find other people who are interested in the bike which looks like their's alot of you out there.

Welcome,

In the forums you will a wealth of information regarding different problem areas, concerns, tips etc...
Lots of good stuff.
This site is actually what prompted me to go for it and get the Busa.

Welcome to the board and congratulations on the new bike.

The only two problems that come to mind right away are an occasional false neutral between 5th and 6th gear and a sub frame failure in the older bikes.

Welcome to the board. The only problems that I have had with my 2000 has been dealer induced.
Here are a few of the common concerns:
1) Clutch noise (common
sad.gif
)
2) False nertural between 5 and 6 (mostly caused by lazy shifts
oops.gif
)
3) Subframe on 1999 and 2000 ( there have been a few that broke just behind where the bolt to the main frame
pissed.gif
)
4) Temp (watch your temp when stuck in traffic on hot days. The Busa likes to run hot when there is no air moving.
11doh.gif
)
5) White stuff (sediment) in the radiator overflow bottle. (normal
oh.gif
)
6) Fast tire wear (normal
7) Uncontrollable erge to ride (habitual
sigh.gif
)
8) The grin and chills that you get when anybody mentions the word Busa. (Busaitus, no known cure at this time just keep riding as much as you can to prevent the depression from kicking in.
drooling3.gif
)
9) Being unable to accept that the Blue and Silver is the fastest color (denial
confused.gif
)
10) Being the criticized for buying a bike that weighs so much. (jealousy
evil.gif
)
11) Not being able to got to bed at night without one more trip to the garage to say goodnight(sickness
inlove.gif
)

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the board.  The only problems that I have had with my 2000 has been dealer induced.
 Here are a few of the common concerns:
 1) Clutch noise (common
sad.gif
)
 2) False nertural between 5 and 6 (mostly caused by lazy shifts
oops.gif
)
 3) Subframe on 1999 and 2000 ( there have been a few that broke just behind where the bolt to the main frame
pissed.gif
)
 4) Temp (watch your temp when stuck in traffic on hot days.  The Busa likes to run hot when there is no air moving.
11doh.gif
)
 5) White stuff (sediment) in the radiator overflow bottle. (normal
oh.gif
)
 6) Fast tire wear (normal )
 7) Uncontrollable erge to ride (habitual
sigh.gif
)
 8) The grin and chills that you get when anybody mentions the word Busa. (Busaitus, no known cure at this time just keep riding as much as you can to prevent the depression from kicking in.
drooling3.gif
)
 9) Being unable to accept that the Blue and Silver is the fastest color (denial
confused.gif
)
 10) Being the criticized for buying a bike that weighs so much. (jealousy
evil.gif
)
 11) Not being able to got to bed at night without one more trip to the garage to say goodnight(sickness
inlove.gif
)
Well Put... except for the silver/Blue thing....

Agree with Big_E, the silver busa thing is out of the question. Everybody knows that the '02 LE black/black is the fastest color in Busa history!!

(I had to do it :-) )

Regards from Boston

G

The Only Problem here is the persistant state of denial those on anything other than the 02 LE live in...<span style='color:firebrick'>jwcfbd</span>...I am looking in your direction...  
wow.gif

I have heard that there are some folks you simply feel threatened by the "Stealth Busa".
thumbs-up.gif

Actually it was a real good question and something I should have asked awhile ago...

Welcome

Welcome darby ofool..you are pretty close to where i live..
So. Carson City soon....hope you have good luck and lot's of fun on your new Haybusa..brand new or used?

Welcome too the board darbyofool.
I've only had one problem.
I can't sleep at night anymore knowing that I could be outside
fondling my Busa!!!!
About three in the morning early last week something like this actually happened.
My fiancee noticed I wasn't in the bed.
She walked through the house and noticed the open carport door.
She flicked on the carport light and here's me butt naked laying on the Busa, licking the tank, my hands wrapped around her underbelly, and moaning like crazy.
For $5 US I'll send you pics.
Counselling for all three of us starts next week.
Send donations to..................
LOLOLOLOL
Hope this doesn't get me in trouble.

The Only Problem here is the persistant state of denial those on anything other than the 02 LE live in...<span style='color:firebrick'>jwcfbd</span>...I am looking in your direction...  
wow.gif

I have heard that there are some folks you simply feel threatened by the "Stealth Busa".
thumbs-up.gif

Actually it was a real good question and something I should have asked awhile ago...

Welcome
jump9.gif

And Monster you got the freak part right
laugh.gif
To much info

Welcome too the board darbyfool.
I've only had one problem.
I can't sleep at night anymore knowing that I could be outside
fondling my Busa!!!!
About three in the morning early last week something like this actually happened.
My fiancee noticed I wasn't in the bed.
She walked through the house and noticed the open carport door.
She flicked on the carport light and here's me butt naked laying on the Busa, licking the tank, my hands wrapped around her underbelly, and moaning like crazy.
For $5 US I'll send you pics.
Counselling for all three of us starts next week.
Send donations to..................
LOLOLOLOL
Hope this doesn't get me in trouble.
Dont mind him......he's CANADIAN . They're all PERVERTS up there . Apparantly , those Canucks will stick their *thing* in just about any good lookin' gurlz *tailpipe* . But...that just might be a rumour . I have no idea .
LOVE YOUR NEW BUSA.
IF YOU DONT,SOMEONE ELSE WILL.
ESPECIALLY IF YOU CROSS THE BORDER WITH IT.
NEW 'BUSA=
smiley10.gif

it's a 03 plus i can't blame him i want to park mine by my bed so i can see it all the time but it won't fit down the hall

In all honesty, seriously one real problem I have been having is being patient throughout her break-in period and a constant desire to look at her, my work is suffering, and I cannot get this serious PERMAGRIN off my face...

Back