Newbie Needs some help

Porter

Donating Member
Registered
Hey I just got my first bike. And it has already been tricked out a little, but I want to add my own touch to it, and I need some help with all the mods.

I've never really gotten into the mod, I've just rode the bike for the fun of it, but since this is my bike I want to do somethings to it.

I want to add a PCIII, but I don't have a clue of the mapping, what is it and where can I get some info on it to learn what I want and need?

How can I tell the diffrence on a slip on and a full exhaust, the guy told me that it's a full system so I just took his word for it.

Also, I need some good tires, what do you guys recommend, I'll mostly be riding around town, but I want a good tire. My local shop has a sale on, Shinko, Pliots, and some Dunlops.

Thanks to anyone who can help me out, I'll continue to read up on everything, but I don't know anything really, I just like to ride!
race.gif

If you don't already own some, put aside some money for good gear as well as a pimped-out ride please.

Welcome.

Read through the board. You've got 7 years of reading to do... Check out the New Owners FAQ.

OH and RYFOM...

HEY DUDE I WILL HELP WALK YOU THROUGH THIS

i AM PRETTY GOOD AT THE PC3 AND THE MOD STUFF

I WILL PM YOU MY NUMBER CALL ME AFTER 730 TONIGHT

(BA BUSA @ Oct. 04 2006,11:48) What year and what mods do you have now
rock.gif
2001 and here is a list of what the guy had done.

I've only had the bike a few weeks!

- stretched 7 inches,
- new chrome wheels,
- pingel electronic shifter,
- 30 shot nitrous,
- after market triple tree,
- polished frame, lowered,
- full yosh tri oval,
- E&K non O-ring drag chain
- air box mods have been done,
- All restrictions have been taken off
- K&N Air Filter

(Revlis @ Oct. 04 2006,11:49) Welcome.

Read through the board. You've got 7 years of reading to do... Check out the New Owners FAQ.

OH and RYFOM...
What is RYFOM
wink.gif

(Porter @ Oct. 04 2006,12:01)
rock.gif

- stretched 7 inches,
- new chrome wheels,
- 30 shot nitrous,
- full yosh tri oval,
- E&K  non O-ring drag chain
- K&N Air Filter
With all those mods...you should already have a PC
rock.gif

rock.gif

(BA BUSA @ Oct. 04 2006,12:05)
(Porter @ Oct. 04 2006,12:01)
rock.gif

- stretched 7 inches,
- new chrome wheels,
- 30 shot nitrous,
- full yosh tri oval,
- E&K non O-ring drag chain
- K&N Air Filter
With all those mods...you should already have a PC
rock.gif
Yeah the guy never had it installed, he said it was fast enough! But he was still working on it, and him and his girl broke up, so he was left with all the bills, so he had to sell fast, bad for him good for me, I guess!

So what do I need to get???
bowdown.gif

I read that I need to check the mapping on a PC, where do I get that info, I was just going to take it to the suzuki shop and tell them to get everything popping!!! But I don't have money to just burn, so I want to know what I'm getting into before I get work done to it!

rock.gif

Shop around your area for a good tuner...you can install a PowerCommander yourself
they are plug + play...have the tuner do a custom map on a dyno. PC is about $300
and the custom map should run $250ish

If you don't already have a PC...you can buy it with a map that is "close" to what you need.

First, welcome to the board! The questions that you ask are not something that can be answered in a single post or thread. They do, however, get asked pretty often so if you use the search button you can find lots of info, as Revlis said. There are pics, polls, reviews and other stuff to help you out, but you have to do some of the legwork yourself.

Sounds like you just happened upon a good deal, so I would take the time to read as much as you can for your own personal benefit. That way you can make the decisions about your mods yourself and not completely rely on what someone else thinks is good.

Oh yeah, post pics of the bike.

(BigBSBusa @ Oct. 04 2006,12:25) First, welcome to the board!  The questions that you ask are not something that can be answered in a single post or thread.  They do, however, get asked pretty often so if you use the search button you can find lots of info, as Revlis said.  There are pics, polls, reviews and other stuff to help you out, but you have to do some of the legwork yourself.

Sounds like you just happened upon a good deal, so I would take the time to read as much as you can for your own personal benefit.  That way you can make the decisions about your mods yourself and not completely rely on what someone else thinks is good.

+1....means I agree with this post

If you're not pressed for time...do some reading on PC's, custom mapping etc etc

(BigBSBusa @ Oct. 04 2006,12:25) First, welcome to the board! The questions that you ask are not something that can be answered in a single post or thread. They do, however, get asked pretty often so if you use the search button you can find lots of info, as Revlis said. There are pics, polls, reviews and other stuff to help you out, but you have to do some of the legwork yourself.

Sounds like you just happened upon a good deal, so I would take the time to read as much as you can for your own personal benefit. That way you can make the decisions about your mods yourself and not completely rely on what someone else thinks is good.

-- BA BUSA, I'm A DUMB ASS, I'm TRYING TO WORK TOO! HAHA
laugh.gif

Yeah I'll do some looking around and learn some stuff!

How can I make sure its a full and not just a slip on exhaust? I just want to know how to tell the difference!

Here is a pic, its dirty in the pic!

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

Post the other side of the bike and we can tell you for sure, but if you have only 1 exhaust its a full.

Yeah, it's a 4-1, but I wasn't sure if the 01 came with dual exhaust, I thought only the 99-00 came that way, but I didn't know for sure!

What you guys think of it, I have to put my own touch to it now!

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

Back