Newbie needs info

IAMKS

Registered
Ok I have a 2002 Hayabusa that has about 23,000 miles. To my knowledge I don’t know if the engine has been rebuilt or how hard the miles has been.
I want to put a turbo on it and don't know what I need to do besides get one and install it. Do I need to check compression or anything like that?

My 02 had 12,500 miles on it when something went wrong with mine. I would make sure you freshen up the top end of the motor and dont get to greedy for power unless your willing to dump cash into the motor when i breaks. Do it right the first time, I learned the hard way! Good Luck! :welcome:

If your motors in good shape, by that I mean no oil smoke or eng noises, just install the kit and keep the boost under 6lbs, this will not hurt a good motor, if you get greedy with boost or don't have your bike dyno tuned after the install it will hurt something, and makes no diff if the motor was new or had 23000 miles on it

As said do it right the first time, from the tranny, sprockets, intercooler or water injection, Ti-valves and spacer etc. If you are going to d it get as mch done as possibble. Anyone who has had a Turbo for any lenght of time will tell you this from experience.

Back