Newbie MODS

DENWA

Registered
Keep in mind I do most of my riding on the hwy and commuting to work.

Today I removed all the plastics and brought them in the house. (I plan on cleaning and polishing. )

I'm replacing the front tire (Its real bad)

Installed K&N Air filter. I did the TRE last summer.

Things I'm thinking about doing:

1. Polish or Powder coat the wheels? Any advice?

2. PAIR valve mod. Is it worth it? Any gain HP?

3. Turn signal eliminator in the rear. (Combine w/tail light)

4. What about spark plugs? I'm at 8k miles(HWY)

5. Small airbox mod. (the easy one)

6. Gen-mar 3/4" bar raisers.

7. Lower the rear end 1" or so. (I'm 5'7")

8. Possibly a new front seat?

9. undertail removal/move licence plate. (not sure I can do this)

What else can I do that's easy and cheap?

Thanks

The first thing you should do, if it isn't done already, is the kickstand mod!  It is stickied above.

I lowered mine 2" in the rear, and it made a huge diff in comfort, as far as weight on my wrists.  I am 6'3", so touching isn't a problem.  My dad is 5'10" and had trouble touching, I can't imagine 5'7"
wow.gif
  Tobin sells cut seats that are supposed to be more comfortable, I plan on gettting one soon.

As far as undertails, I really like the Freestyle corps, but they won't answer emails, so they are out as far as I am concerned.  I like the stock light, though.  Motorheads is supposed to be really nice, but I think you give up some trunk space.

As far as polishing the wheels goes, I would either leave them alone or go chrome. Wheels are tough enough to keep clean, let alone bare aluminum.

Just my $.02

<!--EDIT|Ludicrous Speed
Reason for Edit: "balls itched"|1105922529 -->

I'm gonna go powder coat on the wheels.

Definetly doing kick stand mod! thanks!

What about spark plugs brand?

Also where can I get a new set of wheel bearings?

thanks

Do the "hump or grabrail mod" and while you've got the rear tire off for powder coating, replace it with a 200/50/17, you'll like the feel and your speedo will be closer to correct than with the 190.With the exception of the new tire purchase, the hump mod cost you nothing but some time and a little sweat.

Back