Newbie looking for info

BUSA2002

Registered
Hi everyone.  Just got an  02' bus and looking to make some mods.  I am really looking to increase the low end.  local shop suggest ti-force, pcII, and tre.  
After reading a couple of post on this site it looks like a p.c. and tre are not compatible with an 02'.  Can anyone confirm?

Also, any thoughts on the ti-force for this type of application.  I do like the two exhaust look but would go to a single if there was valid reasoning. Any thoughts on exhausts systems are welcome.  I would ideally like to find that balance of looks, performance and sound.

zero gravity double bubble screen, an absolute must, should have come factory equipped. I put yoshi rs3 titanium race. Nice, quiet though. Love the duals. Titanium is da bomb. Single system will add to midrange, not the look I like though. I have been told tre is a must. talked to a local speed shop today. Dyno proven. I to have an 02. Mine has 2000 miles. Second tire already. Almost shot.Gotta love the busa. In my opinion, forget the power commander. You will never be satisfied, too many options, you'll always be changing maps. Take it to a shop with yoshi software and a dyno, have them remap it. Hopefully they no what they're doing you can get good results. i was told today that the local shop has gotten 160+ at the wheel, with simple mods.(airbox, tre and exhaust) of course everything i own has a k+n filter.good luck

Talked to the best busa mechanic in these parts today. He said to do the air box mod for sure! Yosh, Hindle, or Murry(?) pipe when aaffordaable. Advised not to buy the tre (Throttle becomes choppy). If your looking too beat the 186 restriction he said buy the (yellow box) Speedo mod instead of the tre. He is good but, its merellly his opinioon.

Yellow box will do nothing to release your speed restriction. If you are looking to change only your bottom end, just change your gearing to 16-39 you will have so much low end that you will not know what to do with it.

Back