newbie help

sherif

Registered
hello guys i recently purchased a second hand 2011 hayabusa and im very proud of it i have 5000 miles on it... im in egypt and there is no suzuki service center so u guys are all i have... i know this problem may have passed by u guys but i cant seem to find a definite answer to it... i have low pitch vibrations coming from the footpegs tank and handle bar making my hands numb please i dont think thats a normal thing any fixes other than changing the grips???

Welcome to the oRg!! Not sure what that would be, but hopefully someone else can offer up some ideas/suggestions.

The Busa is one of the least "buzzy" bikes I've ever owned. Does it have aftermarket grips or bar ends on it? Maybe a pic?

How is the chain tension? Sometimes if the chain is out of adjustment I can feel it in my pegs. :dunno:

:welcome: to the oRg :thumbsup:

These bikes have a little vibration around 4K R.P.M.s or somewhere. I use to wonder why my nose tickled; finally figured out that it was vibration. How are the tires ? balance ? air ?

Over time I've gotten use to this overall. You might have a bigger problem.

From what you are describing, it is normal on the genII, there is a slight buzz from 3500 to 4500rpms, just shift up or down depending on need to avoid riding for extended times in this range, I honestly do not notice it anymore but I have had my bike for almost 4 years now.

i read somewhere that the engine mounting bolts may be loose could that be an issue or what? btw i got the bike with new tyres i dont know if they are balanced but the the vibration is low pitch and it doesnt get any worse with speed and i have gone full speed with it for a couple of constant minutes. its more of a small vibration that just nums your hands after a while and its aaprent on the left foot pegs

That's normal brother, don't try to fix it Zuki engineers couldn't :laugh: You will get use to it if you ride enough :thumbsup:

Welcome to the ORG! Hope you find out everything you are looking for. This is a really great group here, very knowledgeable. Enjoy!:welcome:

well thanx guys i had a cbr 1000 before my baby and it had no vibrations what so ever even at very high speeds...

Is it hot and dry over there. Dude you need a tune. Contact Johnny Cheese. That's why bikes here in the states have the same problem. I tune my bike only and have gotten rid of the vibs in that range. Its lean among other things.

you do have a point it is hot as hell over here... how would i contact this johnny cheese and why if you would forgive my asking?

First off Welcome to the forum.

All motorcycles have some vibration - some more then others for sure.
With your CBR 1000 you were probably paying attention the the uncomfortable seat so much that you didn't notice any other vibrations.

Where did you buy this bike from. Was it originally sold in Egypt and then you bought it used there also?
If so, it should have been setup for your area, if it was sold else where it may need to be tuned.
Do you run premium fuel?
Are the tires to proper pressure (checked when cold)?
Are there ANY modifications to it at all or is it 100% stock? Exhaust?
You have 5000 miles on it. How many have you put on it?
Do you ride fully dressed in your hot as hell heat? Gloves? Jacket? Boots? etc.
Are you saying that you have a vibration at all speeds? 25kph same vibration as 120 kph?

No dealer? Do you know anyone else with a Busa? Could you ride a different one to see if it feels the same as yours?

Answer these questions and we may be able to figure something out, if it is a bad as you claim it is, which it may be.

Again some vibration is normal like others have said. Usually it is felt on longer rides say over 50 miles or so.

We will try to help you if we can.

1- i bought the bike from a dealer he got from the U.S. so i dont know how it would be tuned for egypt as it is not sold new here
2- the bike is 100% stock
3- i run 92% octane fuel
4- i always check tyre pressure ( cold)
5- i made close to 600 miles on it
6- i have a full suit gloves and boots
7- same vibration on all speeds so wheel allignment is out
8- i have not ridden another busa yet but ill try
9- i do go for 60 mile rides every week and i thrash it

i went for a ride yesterday and my hands are f##### up especially the right hand

again im worried its an engine mount bolt

1- i bought the bike from a dealer he got from the U.S. so i dont know how it would be tuned for egypt as it is not sold new here
2- the bike is 100% stock
3- i run 92% octane fuel
4- i always check tyre pressure ( cold)
5- i made close to 600 miles on it
6- i have a full suit gloves and boots
7- same vibration on all speeds so wheel allignment is out
8- i have not ridden another busa yet but ill try
9- i do go for 60 mile rides every week and i thrash it

i went for a ride yesterday and my hands are f##### up especially the right hand

again im worried its an engine mount bolt

You bought the bike from a dealer there? That he got from the US? It's possible that it's out of alignment.
Can you post a picture of it? Is the writing on it in English and the speedometer in MPH?
Alignment and wheel balance are 2 different things.
Check (if you can ) to see if the rear wheel is in alignment with the front wheel.
Check to see if the chain has the proper slack of between 20-30mm.

There are a number of bolts holding the engine in place and I would assume that there would have
to be more than 1 loose to cause a problem.

You would hope on a stock bike that the wheels were balanced. Do you see a weight on both wheels? Are the tires stock?

Do the handle bars shake when at an idle or while riding?
Do you have any service records? Are you running 3 year old oil?

Have you thought about Heli bars? or Genmar risers? Many people complain about wrist pain after riding.
Myself included. I have the Heli bars and they help some.

Back