Newbie has a fender question.

Qcrider

Registered
Hi to all ! I am a total newbie in here , I dont own a busa at the moment but sure hope to someday...For now I own a Yamaha fz1 2003 and I'm presently fitting a gen1 busa front end to my bike and I'm now looking for a front fender.
I dont want to put the stock busa fender on it because I dont think the look will fit the naked bike.

I saw some fender swaps with 2001 and up gsxr fenders but it does'nt look like a staight fit.Do you know what it takes to fit like a 2003 gsxr750 fender to the gen1 busa forks ?Maybe a homemade bracket I could do...?

Thanks and :beerchug: to all

Hi to all ! I am a total newbie in here , I dont own a busa at the moment but sure hope to someday...For now I own a Yamaha fz1 2003 and I'm presently fitting a gen1 busa front end to my bike and I'm now looking for a front fender.
I dont want to put the stock busa fender on it because I dont think the look will fit the naked bike.

I saw some fender swaps with 2001 and up gsxr fenders but it does'nt look like a staight fit.Do you know what it takes to fit like a 2003 gsxr750 fender to the gen1 busa forks ?Maybe a homemade bracket I could do...?

Thanks and :beerchug: to all

:welcome: to the .org. I'm a lil confused here. You are attempting to fit a GenI front end to your FZ1....but yet you don't want to use the front fender, because it won't look good on a naked theme?
But yet your adding a Hayabusa front end? Well I have heard the Gixxer 1000 front fender is a direct fit. It's a small fender and may look good for you? :dunno:

Maybe someone else will be able to help you a bit more. Good luck and be sure to post pics when your done :rulez:

Yes , some guys fitted R1 front ends on their FZ1 but it involves swapping steering stems but it's a bit of a P_I_T_A...I went for busa forks because the steering stem is the same lenght as the gen1 FZ1's , so the complete front end with triples and all fits my bike with the use of a custom upper steering bearing that accept the busa stem and fits the Fz1 steering head.Complete DIY job.
I have always loved the look of the busa fender but on a naked bike, I think it's a bit big..

Were are you located?

I'm from Saint-Jean-Sur-Richelieu , Québec.

I havent decided yet what fender I'll use...but I'll receive my upper steering head bearing very soon (maybe today...) and I must decide soon !

Thanks for all replies , and dont worry pics will be here in a couple of days.

I will also use the same headlight as this guy (see pic) , now that I saw this I think maybe the stock fender wont look that bad on mine after all...We'll see...

Fullside.jpg

Ok , I'm done now , used a gsxr600 1998 fender , but that needed permanent modification to the lower fork legs and a bracket to hold it . I would'nt recommend it if you dont want to alter your forks permenently...

Now the pics:

fender.jpg

P1230036.JPG

P1230033.JPG

Back