Newbie excited hayabusa gen1 owner with questions

Hi all!!

I'm a happy owner of a solid black edition 2007 hayabusa almost new! I like the bike so much that i want to get one more just to abuse couz i dont want to mess up my black beauty! I don't understand how she accelerates so effortlessly!!

Even over 200 kph!!! But it isn't so vicious and absolute as my previous tuned VTR1000.. even though VTR is way slower. Anyway I just want to point out some remarks/questions about the bike since I only had ha honda VTR1000F and this is my 2nd bike and I don;t have much experience on other bikes:

1. I have vibrations 3200~5000 rpm! VTR although has V2 engine the vibrations were much less!
2. between 5-6 gear sometimes i get a false neautral and SLAMMMMM goes to next gear!!
3. I want to install META alarm Defcom3 very good alarm, I have in hand the harness that goes where?? Does my busa has free slot for the busa alarm harness that I got from META??
4. Related to the 3, is it too hard to remove rear cowl to install? I don't want to mess my bike....
Thank you all! Cheers!
11204994_10205327200632951_8557852363476474848_n_zpss2wow1r8.jpg

I have a similar vibration problem, but I have to ask, have you narrowed it down to any gear in that rpm range or is it that rpm range regardless of what gear/speed you are going? Reason I am asking is it could be a drivetrain issue (you definitely have something needing attention at the tranny with the 5/6 transition). If it isnt a drivetrain issue, and mine is not because it does the same roughness in whatever gear I am in, I am going to start with the basic tuneup/carb synch. See if the plugs are fouled, filter is ok, yaddayadda.

Thanks for the reply!

It is without gear, engine vibration only, my dealer said that its common for busas and he said that it will go away because she has only 15000 km on the clock, new engine! Anyway, i red somewhere that many suzuki's have this issue (false neutral sometimes between 5-6 gear). Its really not a problem because she shifts really smooth, the tranny is new, previous owner 50year old guy had never got past 8000 rpm, I got her with 12500 km on the clock.

I do not know these busas all that well but will try to help with whatever i can. I do know other bikes and can say that the break in period means it probably needs some valve checking for clearances as the cam/lifters break in and stuff. As on these newer generation (im old school), the cam timing causes the ignition to fire which isnt that different from old, gear driven versus sensor or what not. I like the old gear driven distributer myself. Anyway, I can feel the cam range of my busa at 4k. That is where it is probably designed to operate in its power band beginning. Just like a muscle car, a big cam runs like crap until the engine revs to a certain point except you feel it through the pedal and car body rather than through the handles on a bike. I am going to do a complete go through of spark plugs, valve check, carb synch, and see if all is well. I just wanted to make sure you werent having some possible wheel or tire problem that might be making you think it was the motor.

Thanks for your helo Kevin Jones!! I had recently have her serviced by dealer, changed them but I believe that needs throttle bodies sync, I don't know.

Irrelevant, but I'm using Castrol semi synthetic 10w40 oil. Is it good? What brand?

Welcome...
It does have a bit of a harmonic vibration at 5000.
Make sure you shift very firmly. The only shift issue I know of is 2nd gear.
My previous Busa was an 07, never had the 2nd gear issue.

Welcome...
It does have a bit of a harmonic vibration at 5000.
Make sure you shift very firmly. The only shift issue I know of is 2nd gear.
My previous Busa was an 07, never had the 2nd gear issue.

I've got a Gen1 and found that false neutral shifting in to second and between 5th and 6th. So yeah, just shift like you mean it, no issues IMHO I didn't really start having the problem until I'd bought a new set of riding boots 2 years ago and just wasn't feeling the shifter like I used too. :dunno: Retraining problem on my part :laugh:

Anyway, welcome to the oRg TheoDio! Beautiful Gen1! :thumbsup:

Thanks for your helo Kevin Jones!! I had recently have her serviced by dealer, changed them but I believe that needs throttle bodies sync, I don't know.

Irrelevant, but I'm using Castrol semi synthetic 10w40 oil. Is it good? What brand?
Is that Castrol car oil? If so put in motorcycle specific oil they are very different addictive wise. Gear change 5-6 doesn't go in & clicks till you put in gear again? Just ride it & get use to it could be shift forks not always finding gear. Mine does this time to time has not bothered me enough to replace them yet. Grain of salt i have not put in shift forks or the drum they lock into for gear selection.

Hi all!!

I'm a happy owner of a solid black edition 2007 hayabusa almost new! I like the bike so much that i want to get one more just to abuse couz i dont want to mess up my black beauty! I don't understand how she accelerates so effortlessly!!

Even over 200 kph!!! But it isn't so vicious and absolute as my previous tuned VTR1000.. even though VTR is way slower. Anyway I just want to point out some remarks/questions about the bike since I only had ha honda VTR1000F and this is my 2nd bike and I don;t have much experience on other bikes:

1. I have vibrations 3200~5000 rpm! VTR although has V2 engine the vibrations were much less!
2. between 5-6 gear sometimes i get a false neautral and SLAMMMMM goes to next gear!!
3. I want to install META alarm Defcom3 very good alarm, I have in hand the harness that goes where?? Does my busa has free slot for the busa alarm harness that I got from META??
4. Related to the 3, is it too hard to remove rear cowl to install? I don't want to mess my bike....
Thank you all! Cheers!
View attachment 1566697
GORGEOUS BIKE!!!!! DAMN what a score!

I had a similar 5/6 false neutral on my 06 WAAAYY Back when it was new...but it was resolved by 2 things..1. I changed from Golden Spectrol to Amsoil, and 2. I adjusted my shifter so I could give just a little more OOMPH, I think I just wasn't shifting it in hard enough like VABS Suggested.

Is that Castrol car oil? If so put in motorcycle specific oil they are very different addictive wise. Gear change 5-6 doesn't go in & clicks till you put in gear again? Just ride it & get use to it could be shift forks not always finding gear. Mine does this time to time has not bothered me enough to replace them yet. Grain of salt i have not put in shift forks or the drum they lock into for gear selection.

GORGEOUS BIKE!!!!! DAMN what a score!

I had a similar 5/6 false neutral on my 06 WAAAYY Back when it was new...but it was resolved by 2 things..1. I changed from Golden Spectrol to Amsoil, and 2. I adjusted my shifter so I could give just a little more OOMPH, I think I just wasn't shifting it in hard enough like VABS Suggested.

Uh, you guys realise this thread is over 4 yrs old right?

The Op hasn't posted anything since 2016-that bike could be long gone....

Back