Newbie checking in

ThePunisher

Registered
Hi everyone...I'm new to the board, and no, I don't have a 'Busa...yet. I've been on dirt bikes and ATV's all my life (I'm 30), and last year decided that street bikes offered more enjoyment and more actual daily use. So, I bought a monster of a bike...a Kawi Super sherpa! Ran it for a year (6000 miles) and decided that I liked street bikes so much that I traded the mighty Sherpa and my 700 KVF Prairie for a larger bike, a Yamaha V-Star 1100. I thought life was quite a bit better until a month ago...I've always known about 'Busa's, but figured they weren't for me. At a local test ride day, I was first in line at Suzuki's tent for the ... M109. A guy across the yard hollers over at the mechanics that 2 bikes need gas...a Katana and ... a Busa!! Well, I immediately looked over and fell in love! I signed up for the 'Busa instead of the M109, and now...that is all I think about. I like my V-Star, as the wife likes riding with me, but I so badly want a 'Busa!
For now, I'll have to wait, as financially, I cannot afford yet another toy...but within a year or so, I'm going to try and buy a used one. So, sorry for the long story...but I figured I might as well get into the 'Busa groove so I'll know what to look for and what to do once I get the damn thing.

Welcome, glad to have you. I'm 56 and bought my busa 1 year ago. Had a cruiser too and thought I would not be able to ride the busa. Boy was I wrong, It's just one year old and I have put almost 19K miles on the first year. I think I love it more each time I ride it! Do what I did, buy your busa and get a bike for your wife to ride. LOL
biggrin.gif

Trade the V-Star in on a Busa, your wife can ride on that with you no problem, alot of board members ride two up and say their wives are quite comfortable.... welcome to the org.

man once you buy you will not ever want anything else...since i bought mine it is more comfortable to have some on the back i love this thing

Not sure about trading the V-Star...if I do that, pretty sure I would then have to buy a new 'Busa...and the insuarance is appalling. If I buy a 2nd hand one for straight cash, I can just put basic insurance on it. Already looked into a new 'Busa and my insurance would be over $4700 a year!!!

Welcome, you've been blessed
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|mymaster
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152236383 -->

Not sure about trading the V-Star...if I do that, pretty sure I would then have to buy a new 'Busa...and the insuarance is appalling. If I buy a 2nd hand one for straight cash, I can just put basic insurance on it. Already looked into a new 'Busa and my insurance would be over $4700 a year!!!
Well heres one thing about the Busa....if you are gonna own one carry full coverage insurance. In the event that something WOULD happen it is VERY expensive to fix. Also at the age you are and being married if your record is not dirty shop around. My buddy was paying 230$ a month for a 954 when i met him and was in the SAME situation. I hooked him up at State Farm and he now pays 19$ a month. You don't wanna pay cash and finally have a nice used Busa and then it gets totaled and your out your investment. Just my .02. Regardless of what you decide welcome aboard and you will find a WEALTH of knowledge about this bike here. Lots of good people here.

BB69 out

I just got my 1st Hayabusa a few weeks ago. I love it and look forward to each opertunity I get to ride it. I hope to do a few things to it this winter.

Well heres one thing about the Busa....if you are gonna own one carry full coverage insurance. In the event that something WOULD happen it is VERY expensive to fix. Also at the age you are and being married if your record is not dirty shop around. My buddy was paying 230$ a month for a 954 when i met him and was in the SAME situation. I hooked him up at State Farm and he now pays 19$ a month. You don't wanna pay cash and finally have a nice used Busa and then it gets totaled and your out your investment. Just my .02. Regardless of what you decide welcome aboard and you will find a WEALTH of knowledge about this bike here. Lots of good people here.

BB69 out
+1

Back