newb mods?

FTMFW

Registered
whats up gentlemens and ladies. im new to the busa world i have an orange/black 08. ive gotten to put on about 250 miles since i picked it up (january in chicago...what a long winter its been).

anyway, my mods thus far are a full yosh system with r77 single sided exhaust, power programmer, and clutch mod (all done when i bought the bike, by the seller).

once i got it home i got some swingarm and fork sliders on it, detailed it, and shaved the badges from the fairings/all the warning stickers. im a sucker for the clean look on a bike. everyone knows its a busa, why brag!!!

so its time for the next set of mods for the bike. ive got some questions!!

1-who makes the frame slider that you do not have to cut fairings to install? and who has the best prices?

2-air filter, do i have to retune to put in a k & n (or equiv), and who makes the best one for the bike?

3- are there any "free" mods that you guys do?

4- definitely want a 6-8" bolt-on stretch. who do you recommend, and what vendor?

5- im 6'6" could use a tad more legroom. ive read about a 'buell peg mod' or something like that. what are the benefits and approximate cost?

any help appreciated, i havent fully explored what this bike can do, its quite a step up from a gsxr600 :)

thanks!

The factory filter out performs the K&N. But you may have other considerations such as cost to maintain. Your choice, just letting you know that the factory filter breaths better.

i use factory filter still too, also im only 2 hours from you @ exit 83 from the 80/90 toll road...you shouldn't have to reprogram the power commander for a new air filter, you can check our sponsors web sites for the frame sliders..I personally like to deal with schnitz racing...but everyone here is great to deal with...as for free mods, you can cut the mud flap off...remove the reflectors....all sorts of things, just keep looking around in the threads, i took the rubber off my rear footpags and polished them, and to my amazment they had knurl under the rubber, so they look even better then after market pegs do now...some may chime in and tell you, you have purchased the fastest color for 08 but I'm biased as I ride an 07
:beerchug:

:welcome: I think Black And Orange by far must be the most purchased color, enjoy.
oh btw a 600 how in the world did you do it at your height, my knees and back started hurting just thinking about it. :laugh:

:welcome: I think Black And Orange by far must be the most purchased color, enjoy.
oh btw a 600 how in the world did you do it at your height, my knees and back started hurting just thinking about it. :laugh:

yea, it was a tight fit, im told i looked like-

a-a trained bear on a motorcycle

b-that i was sh*tting out a gsxr600 LOL

but i traded my car for the 600, knowing that it was my learning bike. now its parked next to my busa for my 5'4" guitarist being the new owner.

i forgot, the mudflap was taken off as i was signing the title. i also took off the small reflectors on the forks/swingarms. i took off the chainguard, the license plate is temporarily mounted on the 'arm where the kickstand originally bolted to. i want the curved plate mount i had on the 600, it looked cool.

053.jpg

080.jpg

Nice bike! I bought my no-cut frame sliders on e-bay. I also took most of my decals off except the one on the fairing because it matches what is clear coated on the tank.
:welcome:

thanks for the many welcomes, guys, definitely looking forward to being an active member on the board.

the r77 exhaust is sooo quiet... i wouldnt mind a brocks, one of the megaphone styled ones, i'd want to hear how it sounds first though.

There's a guy on here that sells the Buell pegs kits. Can't remember for sure who, might be 1300DR or something like that. The pegs are about an inch an a half lower because they are offset downward.:welcome:

Back