Newb at the track

04LE

Registered
So last night was first time ever running at the track. Stalled it the first one off the go. And then then next three runs it kept picking up on me. Hope the pics of the slips worked. Each time I was in the left and buddy also a first timer on on the right.

I'm 08 brocks single ct, bmc, ecueditor
Him 08 brocks alien head, stock air filter, ecueditor.

ForumRunner_20130803_105345.jpg

ForumRunner_20130803_105408.jpg

ForumRunner_20130803_105426.jpg

Oh yea both lowered by links in rear to middle. Hes got a lowering tripple up front and I'm stock up front.

Not bad for your first time, glad you got out to the track! :thumbsup:

Times aren't that bad for a first timer... :beerchug:

...only problem is if you are lowered in the rear and stock up front the geometery is all messed up. Either strap the front and get the front lower or raise the rear back up to stock... ;)

Strap the front and you will see a huge difference. I can barely ride mine at the dragstrip with no strap, it wheelies so bad!

Yea that's next on my list. Its either strap or i'll get the lowering triple. I need to learn how to get the 60ft down a good bit too. Bike has 9s in it. I just need to get some practice so it can get the 9s out of me.

Yea that's next on my list. Its either strap or i'll get the lowering triple. I need to learn how to get the 60ft down a good bit too. Bike has 9s in it. I just need to get some practice so it can get the 9s out of me.

If you ride more on the street than race, I would just strap the front at the track and then raise it when you leave. MUCH easier than a triple tree that will allow your fender to hit the fairings. If you are keeping it slammed at all times, internally lowering the forks is the way to go... ;)

So got to the track last night again. Big thanks to Big E for selling me brocks strap kit dirt cheep. My best Et and best mph of the night. Only thing changed is the straps.

ForumRunner_20130905_112229.jpg

You actually did real good for first / second time. My first time I think I ran a 9.18...in the 1/8th...:laugh: It looks like you can make some nice gains just on reaction time. I don't wait for the green light...I start my launch a hair after I see the last yellow, just before green. I get down to .150-.250ish R/T. I see others get as low as .069

Good luck..and keep us posted. :thumbsup:

You actually did real good for first / second time. My first time I think I ran a 9.18...in the 1/8th...:laugh: It looks like you can make some nice gains just on reaction time. I don't wait for the green light...I start my launch a hair after I see the last yellow, just before green. I get down to .150-.250ish R/T. I see others get as low as .069

Good luck..and keep us posted. :thumbsup:

Reaction time won't make the ET lower.

Don't worry about leaving at the light. Wait til you're nice and ready and sitting at the target launch RPM you're shooting for. Consistency is everything so that you make small changes from the previous pass to see if it helps or hurts your ET. Your MPH looks very good on you're last trip there. What do you weigh? What gearing?

Stock gearing. 154 in my birth suit. Attached was with a semi pro on my bike. Asked him to run it once to see what he could do. This was bikes 12 run. I was tired after my 11th and still had the ride home to do.

ForumRunner_20130905_150329.jpg

Thanks guys! Been reading a lot about clutches. Bikes got about 12k miles on it. Thinking about doing the billet clutch mod from brocks. That and maybe new oem clutch all i would need? I just want to get my 60s consistent but at a lower number. Im pretty good at getting 2.2 60fts which is not good. Attached are I think all of the runs of my life.

Screen shot 2013-09-07 at 9.05.10 PM.jpg

The ultra-light clutch mod is a good choice. You can buy a clutch, but may not need it. I'd recommend pulling it out and looking at it, measure all the fibers and compare to the service specs. It might be a good idea to have a spare on hand. I think Brock has a special going on them right now, otherwise Duwayne at Cycle Concepts cells a clutch that is the only aftermarket clutch I would run. Between OEM and Cycle Concepts I would buy based on price as they both work equally well.

Well almost 2 years later I made it back to the track. Got into the 9s. I'm on the right another Busa on the left whom later hit 8.6s. Feels great to get into 9s just need to get back there again as I couldn't replicate it later. Next run my 60 went to poop again for a 2.0

ForumRunner_20150724_214235.png

Very good times for your first time at the track. I was going to make a comment on cutting your lights, but looks like you made some good improvements. Nice job!!

Back