New Yuasa Battery Question

AJ FLAY

Registered
Hey Guys,

I just bought a new Yuasa battery for my busa. Question is this. I filled it with the electrolyte, put the cap on and installed it. I saw it said 20 mins to sit but I thought they were saying it would take 20 mins to drain. It filled in like 3 mins and then I let it sit about 5 mins before putting the seal on it.

I just watched a youtube vid which shows letting it sit 20 mins. for air bubbles. They had it sit for over an hour after the 20 mins, then charged it.

Did I screw up ? Should I try to remove the cap and let it breathe ? Ill probably ruin the sealed cap but I might be able to order a new one.

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks !

Your meant to charge it with the cap off the 1st time also,I would call them and see if they sell a spare cap or say it was missing

Don't worry about it, go ride the bike. I normally let mine sit over-night, don't charge, put it in the bike and ride. The first one I also did what you did, really there was no difference.

I called Yuasa a few days after I posted this question. They don't have a tech guy. Some woman was trying to answer my question but she really didn't have a clue. Anyway I charged it and have been riding it. Seems fine. Thank you everyone for the replies and help !

Back