new yosh trs doesn't seem to fit right..

Darkeyce

Registered
Just installed a full Yosh TRS pipe (looks good and still pretty quiet). Problem is I've had to add small spacer bracket to spread the fairings where thy meet under the bike and lose my little wing because body parts touch the pipe...anyone else experience this?

<!--EDIT|Darkeyce
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121281945 -->

I somewhat semi-experienced this. You could either get some heat tape on the wing or just let the pipe just settle on the wing. It won't really burn all the way through though if that was your concern. Have you tried to contact Yoshimura?

I somewhat semi-experienced this. You could either get some heat tape on the wing or just let the pipe just settle on the wing. It won't really burn all the way through though if  that was your concern. Have you tried to contact Yoshimura?
My only experience with Yoshi was on my older ZX-10...and the pipe was a piece of ***t. Fit horrible, had to space/heat tape bunches of stuff. And the Zyclone baffle was unjettable with carbs...after being advised by several performance shops and hours of jetting I finally listened to them and scrapped the zyclone and got a race baffle...bike ran perfect. Oh, and I had to partially remove the pipe to get to my oil filter
mad.gif

In other words...Yosh has yet to show me there worth a crap. But I've got my fingers crossed since they're supposed to be the "Suzuki" guys......who knows, I may end up trying them again on a REAL
wink.gif
laugh.gif
bike this time.

Thnaks for the feedback guys...I was kinda surprised that it didnt' fit "perfectly." I'll reach out to Yosh and see what I get back...

the wing thing happened on mine w/ the hindle......
all ya gotta do is add 2 washers to the r/h side bolt on the wing, and it moves it away from the exhaust...otherwise, it will burn and crack it!

Back