New York City IMS 1/16/09 - Lets get a group going

zukracer

I'm somewhere but dont know where
Donating Member
Registered
Its that time of year again... time for the International Bike Show. Always some cool stuff to check out, LOTS of vendors and of course, next years bikes from ALL the various companies. The NYC show is one of the biggest and let me tell you, it was pretty dang impressive my first time going to the Javits Center.

I'd like to see us get a good sized group together and go check it out :thumbsup:

Anyone interested ???

I'll be taking the LIRR in, the station is right near the center so if anyone is going to come, I recommend taking the train/subway.

New York Show Facts - Cycle World International Motorcycle Shows

Post up if you are interested :beerchug:

come on down ... this show is great and plenty of things to see :cool: Not sure how far you have to come down. If you are driving, parking can be a beotch but probably not bad if you are just down for the day Sat. :thumbsup:

im on 3-11 that weekend but am going down saturday morning before work. plan on getting a few things

Sunday is an option, whatever the group decides works for me. Assuming I'm in town I'll be open to either or both days. There's a shid pile of things to see and the two day pass is a fairly cheap upgrade on the single day one :thumbsup:

I'd be coming from Buffalo NY. My sister has a place in NYC so we'll be all set. I'd invite others to stay too but her place is EXTREMELY small.

Should I come down with some $$$? This sounds like a good place to get htings cheaper than usual?

definitely bring some cash (though most places take cards), there's a ton of things for sale there... some good deals, some eh, not so much. The trick is there is typically a TON of things all in one place, you can find gear, parts, random things that you wont see anywhere but ebay. Some years I spend a ton of money other years I just take what seems like 30lbs of pamplets home :laugh:

If anyone is coming from outta town and looking for hotels, its probably cheaper to stay in newark and take the ferry/train over. Parking at most NYC hotels is going to be $40-50+/day :O

Make it happen!!! Post some pix!!

Way to represent, Brian!!!

Since your all over that side of the country, i think you should fly on in for this one!

see its not just me... come on out man... make the trip to the big city :poke:

and John, I fully expect your anus to make it down here too! :poke: :laugh:

come on now, we have more members up here... where's PD and John and 2Quick and others ???

Don't know how I missed this Brian, sorry. Sounds like a plan to take the LIRR from Ronkonkoma.
I'm thinking Sunday because my son will be free, but it will be an all day affair so maybe Saturday will be better. Of course I still have to check the family calendar, but the work one says :thumbsup:
:bump:

sweet :cool:

Lets get a big crowd coming... if we can get scar to post one more time he has to come .... 3 post rule :laugh:

oh yeah... notice the date... I was a crackhead on the weekend I told you earlier, its the one before ... calendar still good ???

Saturday 01/17/09 has gotten the green light for Thomas and I. I propose we depart Ronkonkoma on the 0840am train which puts us in Penn station at 1000. We'll make a full day of it and return that evening. :thumbsup:

Back