New Year, New Ride

Thanks, guys :beerchug:

Funny you mention that. Here's my last truck... :laugh:

View attachment 272159

I loved that thing, but between the electrical system and the drivetrain, it seemed like there was ALWAYS something wrong with it.

Early in 2008 we got a new fleet of trucks at the nuke plant. Half of them F-Series and half Silverado. Those trucks ran for 20+ hours a day, usually in rough or off-road conditions. Once they got to be about a year old, the differences in quality had become obvious. The Chevys clunked, clattered, and rattled. The Fords... didn't. That was when I began to change my opinions about Ford trucks.

It's not the number one selling truck worldwide for more than the last thirty years for nothing.
That's a pretty one. Blue Jean metallic 5.0 correct?
13 or 14?

Ford makes some wheel well liners now that are tough as nails and very cool in how they protect the inner side of your bed and well.

Wheel-Well Liners | The Official Site for Ford Custom Accessories

It's not the number one selling truck worldwide for more than the last thirty years for nothing.
That's a pretty one. Blue Jean metallic 5.0 correct?
13 or 14?

Ford makes some wheel well liners now that are tough as nails and very cool in how they protect the inner side of your bed and well.

Wheel-Well Liners | The Official Site for Ford Custom Accessories

Thanks, Saiid. You called it right. It is a... Blue Jean Metallic, 4x4, 5.0, XLT, 302A, 3.55 Electronic Locking Axle, Off Road Package, with Ford rubber floor mats and wheel well liners. For whatever reason the dealership had the liners on the original order, and I'm happy to have them. Thanks for the suggestion just the same.

Yesterday was its first time on my 200 mile commute, and it's getting just short of 21 MPG with the cruise control set at 70. Can't complain about that!
:beerchug:

Back