New Vortex front stand w/ pics.

does it fit good, i have the vortex rear and i am really happy with it, was looking into a front stand.

how does that hook up,i have pitbull front stand and it just lifts up under the forks??

A pin fits in the hole in the center of the bottom triple tree. I purchased that style so I can remove the forks.

cheers
ken

A pin fits in the hole in the center of the bottom triple tree. I purchased that style so I can remove the forks.

cheers
ken

I cant imagine that fitting on my bike ,im lowered in the front and theres not even enough room btwn the fender and the nose for me to fit my hand?? i just use rear stand and jack under oil pan to remove forks.

goodluck with it:thumbsup:

I just got one of those too. Just one question. The way it looks to me is that it's supposed to be partially folded up while you're getting the pin in the tripple tree, correct? Then it unfolds as you go up with it? I would know this already, except kneedraggers didn't send me the #6 pin I need to fit my tripple tree. I just got the standard pin that comes with it. Called em yesterday and they're shipping me the right one.

I just got one of those too. Just one question. The way it looks to me is that it's supposed to be partially folded up while you're getting the pin in the tripple tree, correct? Then it unfolds as you go up with it? I would know this already, except kneedraggers didn't send me the #6 pin I need to fit my tripple tree. I just got the standard pin that comes with it. Called em yesterday and they're shipping me the right one.

so does the standard pin not fit a busa or do you need the #6 pin cause you changed you triple tree?

so does the standard pin not fit a busa or do you need the #6 pin cause you changed you triple tree?

Standard pin doesn't fit the busa. They ask you what size you need when you order it and have a chart so you get the right one. I selected the #6, but they didn't send it. No charge for the right size pin. It's included with the order, you just have to specify which one you need.

I just got one of those too. Just one question. The way it looks to me is that it's supposed to be partially folded up while you're getting the pin in the tripple tree, correct?

correct!

cheers
ken

Standard pin doesn't fit the busa. They ask you what size you need when you order it and have a chart so you get the right one. I selected the #6, but they didn't send it. No charge for the right size pin. It's included with the order, you just have to specify which one you need.

gotcha. thanks

correct!

cheers
ken

Thank you! I was kind of leary about the colapsable thing when I first got it. Wasn't sure if it would be very stable enough. I read the reviews on kneedraggers and they all liked how sturdy and stable it was, but I wasn't sure if they were actual reviews or just "selling points"

does anyone know the DIA of the pin for the K8 busa? my pin wont fit K8 as its for a gen1. and i want to get it turned down a few mm.

I have the Vortex rear and then got the exact same front stand but can't find enough room on my 08 between the fender and the fairing to get the stand positioned in there with the fender still on. I've had to take it off first. Is this normal on the Gen II? I'm at stock ride height on my 08 and have the right pin but have had to remove the front fender both times I used it. I'm almost wishing I had gotten the regular fork lift model. Anybody else having this issue or am I doing something wrong????

Last edited:
I have the Pit Bull front stand with triple tree adapter. I have to loosen the front fender as per directions.

I also have the Pit Bull stem front stand and I can get my stand in there carefully without removing or loosening the fender. I have had no height changes on the bike. You just have to extend the stand a little bit and walk the wheels in until the pin is below the hole in the triple tree. On my back stand I also use a cheater because the bike is heavy and I'm just not that strong anymore. I use a steel pipe about 4 foot long and gets the tail up in the air real easy. One thing I can also say about stem front stands versus regular front stands that lift via the fork...is that the stem stands have a leverage point and the front stands don't have it...so the bike goes up like hot knife through butter...it is sweet and I can't imagine using anything else....and there is one more advantage that no one has mentioned. On a stem stand u can turn the wheel and forks so you have access to things you would never be able to get at with a wrench on a front stand...that feature alone is worth the extra cost to me...love my Pitt Bulls..2hip:cheerleader:

Back