New User, Luggage Questions

OneTrueRider

Registered
Hello everyone, this is my first attempt at a post. I have spent hours searching and reading about soft luggage choices on this site and many others.

I prefer the look and features of the Dowco Elite Sport Adventure Series or the FirstGear Laguna Series. But have been unable to find many specifics related to the Busa.

Has anyone used these with a Yosh R77 on a Gen II ?

The Laguna saddle bags are 19 inches long. Can they be used without a luggage rack ?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

I use a set of Nelson Riggs soft bags and have a Muzzy pipe. It works great, except when 2up the wife sits on the straps. I wish they would fit under seat.

Welcome to the oRg! I have a Gen I, so I do not know if this applies, soft bags are great and I use them myself, however, with soft bags, you will get some chaffing of the paint on the tail. Put some blue painters tape over the paint to protect it and you will not have any issues.

After contemplating all the luggage options out there, I ended up using a back pack with shoulder and waist straps. It fits perfectly on the back seat, with the shoulder straps going around the seat pins (two each side) and the waist strap tightening the shoulder straps so they stay put around the seat pins. Easy and clean. There is a bonus, when wifey rides with, it fits her back. :laugh:

Thanks guys, anyone have any input on the Dowco Elite Series bags.

Any thoughts on their quality ?

New Enough has the best prices I've found.

Back