New use for the Busa!

Mikey D

Registered
This is our dog Coco (no I didn't pick the name, and he is the short one, the tall one is my son David.) (And yes that is an awning on his dog house.  White trash or what?).
He is primarily a Black Lab and he is a runner!
For those of you who haven't had the delightful experience of owning a runner;
this is a dog that bolts out of the front door at any given opportunity, runs down the block, terrorizes the neighbors, and thinks it is a game when you try to catch him!
There is no catching him.  Usually it takes three of the kids and this is only possible if they can get past him while he is distracted.  This dog is fast!

But not as fast as the Bsua!

The Busa as a dog herding device:
Simply hop on the Busa, jet past the mutt, a quick one-eighty, advance on the wayward dog jigging when he jags etc..., rev the bike to scare the mutt (and probably the neighbors :sad: ) back to the corrall.  
guns.gif

What a time saver! Took me 45 seconds to do a chore that used to take a half hour!  

Yet another useful idea for the most awesome bike on the planet!   :super:

Coco___David.JPG

my dog goes nuts when I start the busa... she will run her asz off!! top speed 26mph for the dog. if you stop or slow down, she goes insane and foams at the mouth, barking... until you go again. Great exersize for the hound.

That's hysterical...I have the same problem with my dog!!  He's a 6 yr Norwegian Elkhound with entirely too much energy.  It's so impossible to catch him when he decides to bolt (stand at the front door with it open 3 inches and he'll find a way out of it) that we've decided not to catch him anymore.  When he's tired of running the neighborhood and dodging cars (6 hrs later), he'll come around the house and then we can trick him into the backyard by borrowing the bison next door.   He's so bad we were kicked out of training school when he was 7 mo old! It'd break my heart to give him away though...Damn dog.

:bounce:

That's hysterical...I have the same problem with my dog!!  He's a 6 yr Norwegian Elkhound with entirely too much energy.  It's so impossible to catch him when he decides to bolt (stand at the front door with it open 3 inches and he'll find a way out of it) that we've decided not to catch him anymore.  When he's tired of running the neighborhood and dodging cars (6 hrs later), he'll come around the house and then we can trick him into the backyard by borrowing the bison next door.   He's so bad we were kicked out of training school when he was 7 mo old!  It'd break my heart to give him away though...Damn dog.

:bounce:
We tried that method but the dog will go to the neighbors house and bark like he's rabid, with hackles raised, and scare the schneikies out of the neighbors! Not to mention eat the crazy old guys cat food that he left out!

Upon second glance at that pict, it sure does look like my kid is trying to perform the "Vulcan mind meld" with the dog.

Do What my dad used to do to our Black Lab when I was a kid. If your pooch is a consistant runner, Weigh him down. Max used to run around the back yard chained to a 45lb plate. It may not stop em from running all together, but they cannot really get up to speed, and they wear down a whole lot faster. There are backpacks for pooches as well, that you could use to weigh them down. If they are little rat dogs then
I would just recommend cutting of legs...

Do What my dad used to do to our Black Lab when I was a kid.  If your pooch is a consistant runner, Weigh him down.  Max used to run around the back yard chained to a 45lb plate.  It may not stop em from running all together, but they cannot really get up to speed, and they wear down a whole lot faster.  There are backpacks for pooches as well, that you could use to weigh them down.  If they are little rat dogs then
I would just recommend cutting of legs...
Don't mind him running around the back yard. He plays with our other dog Max (what a coincidence!) It's when he terrorizes the neighbors that I have issues with him. Not to mention the issues the neighbors have! Plus the trip to court to deal with the loose dog ticket!

Back