New Undertail

karnage

Registered
Got my new undertail today and its made of fiberglass.Nice quality and the paint matches the stock color just fine.Problem is its a very tight fit to get it all buttoned up.Is that normal for fiberglass??I got it on and it fits, just real tight.The hotbodies undertail I had on there fits fine and is made of ABS which gives and stretches fine to fit but it was a sloppy fit.Can you heat fiberglass some to make it a little more flexible or do I just leave it alone and let it stretch on its on for now??Seems whatever I buy for my build looks like crap or doesnt fit right.WTH??Guess custom parts are that way sometimes or do I just have bad luck.Its a Besteem product which is from Aussi I think and the lights are bright with integrated signals otherwise I would have went with a yana shinki which looks similar but needs an integrater.

Fiberglass doesn't stretch, it cracks/breaks! Don't heat it either. If you can, use a rat tail round file to open the hole some, providing the fastener will hide it. It would be easier to help if you had pics of the tight fit spots, and fasteners used there.

I got it to fit but its tight.Doesnt move which is good.I think a couple of the holes need a little massaging but i managed to get it on and it looks good.Just dont like that its made of fiberglass but i knew that when I bought it.I think abs is more forgiving like my old hotbodies undertail but it was sloppy and lights werent that bright. It looks good so far.

Back