new turbo need help

Quiksilver

Registered
Hey everyone. I just recently bought a new turbo. I ordered a t3t4 with the five bolt exhaust housing but received a four bolt with no internal wastegate. I have read that I would have to run the wg to my header, the to atmosphere or back to exhaust. Should I return for turbo with the 5 bolt discharge? Or should I try to stick with the four bolt with no internal gate? I'm not sure if one would be better than the other.

If you paid for an item and didn't get what you paid for why are you even questioning this? Return it, and get the right one.

What turbo kit do you have?

Lol, I know, but he also has a velocity stage 2 turbo kit he is saleing, undercut trammision buy RD, a buillet proff engine ,and other goodies. Just clink on his Ebay name and ask him what he still has for sale. I just got a MTC multi stage lock up clutch from him. The way I see it there is a chance to save a few dollars if you buy the parts used. Once again I do not know the saler, but wanted to share my knowledge.

If you paid for an item and didn't get what you paid for why are you even questioning this? Return it, and get the right one.

What turbo kit do you have?

I was wondering if one was better than the other. The turbo header and the wastegate tubing had its on it. I'm guessing it was a "ghetto" kit.

I was watching that clutch and then the auction ended with a note saying that the reserve hadn't been met. Damn. Hope you got it for a good price.

Saving money in the short run is not necessarily saving money in the long run. Sounds like something simple is becoming overcomplicated, and you are in the "pre-disaster" stage. You can cheap out now, but you will pay later. You can hodgepodge a kit together, ask a million questions and still end up with a mess. Bite the bullet and buy a complete kit that fits and is supported by the person who sold it. And then you will live happily ever after . . .:laugh:

Lol frank, I've been looking for a term to explain this type of scenereos to costomers. I think pre-disaster is the key phrase.

Saving money in the short run is not necessarily saving money in the long run. Sounds like something simple is becoming overcomplicated, and you are in the "pre-disaster" stage. You can cheap out now, but you will pay later. You can hodgepodge a kit together, ask a million questions and still end up with a mess. Bite the bullet and buy a complete kit that fits and is supported by the person who sold it. And then you will live happily ever after . . .:laugh:

Hey frank much respect, you know your stuff. Thanks for the advice.

Back