New toy

AND......?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?

rock.gif

Didn't get around to it yet. Maybe tomorrow morning. Work and getting ready for Laguna Seca has left me no extra time. I might have to do it there.

I see there is a generous amt of views here.. I for one would like to knw the ends and out of the this device. I feel that if you lose your map, For what ever reason you have to pay agian to have it done. Now it would make sense to have this device being that you don't lose any data even if you battery dies. I would have to say Johnny is correct on the 02 and HC. But How ever that's would this hobbie is all about. If you fine a better way to make your bike run, Then it should be shared. I'm no guru and never claim to be. I'm just a busa rider that wants a good fast running bike. Most of you guys "and girls if any" ride to race, nothing wrong with that. Some ride everyday. No one loses here it is a win win deal. If I fine something that works for me I'm going to share it. There is always a equation to the problem. So with that said we should put our ego's to rest and bury the anger and kick the pride aside. You all a grown people and everyone is intitled to there piece, Weather you agree or not. RESPECT is the key. Respect others as you would want to be respected.
"Forest Gump" LIfe is like a box of Chocolates, Which is translated to. : You never know what you are going to get: If some of you don't like the device that's fine, Everyone laughed at the Wrights Bros.

I just hope I hit a spot in everyone to pull togther not push away.

Just my .02

damn that was allot of reading. even more bs. eyes .......tired....... so slleeeeeppppyyy...........
must
fight.....................................................................................

Good question...Hopefully Sierraflyer will post on it.

One thing I can tell you is that I called Factory Pro and they recommend going PC2 because they never tested the Teka on a 1507cc engine before. They don't know if the Teka has the range to handle that size.

As for the stock busa...I haven't heard anything else. Hopefully someone will tell us something.

Sorry guys,

I thought this post died an ugly death with all the fighting. I haven't had time to ride in three weeks since Laguna. With work, friends visiting and my truck engine grenading, I have been unable to go riding long enough to use the TEKA on the upper throttle ranges. So far I really like how smooth the idle and high RPM/low throttle repsonse has improved. I don't expect to "find" 10 HP. I do expect to get rid of all the crap that California tuning causes. May a few HP, yes? I don't have enough data yet on the timing advance key I installed. It would seem that the fuel economy has reduced slightly with it. We will see as time goes on. Throttle response is more crisp with it, but that may not be as important for overall power. I would have liked to run a before and after dyno run to see if you can tune by the seat of the pants. Maybe next week? Now that I know someone is interested, I'll get to it faster.

I think you guys are snipping at each other for no good reason. Johnny, when you say Yosh box I take it that you mean the tuning tool that dealers and tuning shops use to make broad adjustments to the E.C.U. Sierra when you say Yosh box it sounds like you mean Yosh EMS a competitor to the PC2, PC3r. The Yosh EMS modifies the output of the ECU. So...

Johnny:
Yosh=Yosh box

Sierra:
Yosh= Yosh EMS

Two different products and you're both exactly right.

I checked out Marc's comments last year on the Factory site and came to the following conclusion. TEKA like the Yosh box is not ment to be marketed to the bike owner. It is intended to be used by racers and tuners w/dynos and sniffers (this means you Johnny) who would make "custom" loads for the ECU based on the mods of each individual bike. The tuners would own one TEKA and charge x$ to the customer to dyno his bike and apply changes to his ECU via the TEKA. Same as concept as "custom mapping" a PC3r.

Sierra: Without the benefit of a o2 sensor and Halmeter you're shooting in the dark with your tunning on the fly settings and could potentually be playing with fire.

Johnny: Don't knock it till you tryed it. If Marc's claims for the TEKA are evan 50% true then it's got to be alot better than the Yosh box and should also out perform the Yosh EMS and PC type of add-ons. If his claims are false then everythings out the window.

So what we really need is a direct comparison on the same bike with the same dyno between the TEKA and the "mapped" PC3r. Any takers?

I couldn't help reading this LOOOOONG topic... and i'm wondering: are you guys mechanicals?! how do you know all this stuff about programming, reprogramming, idle, throttle and so on and so on?!? I'd like to install some of this stuff in my bike too, but i'd always need to give it to a mechanic and cross my finger so he wouldn't mess up the whole thing...

I am not knocking it I am stating untill someone tries it on a dyno with sniffer there are no hard facts.
True I would like to have one but again I don't want to throw away money like I did on a Yosh box (the Yosh EMS is a PC3R)
Eggster in England is currently testing it so if you ever read his post on ramair effects it was VERY VERY informitive
idea.gif

After a couple of weeks of riding with the advancer key installed, I am removing it. The gas mileage is way down and I am noticing a subtile top end vibration. It feels like the engine is fighting itself...kind of like a faint "pinging" feel. I believe it is due to the fuel burn starting too early and the cylinder pressure is rising before the piston is at top dead center. I have tried different fuels and octanes with no improvement.

It sounds more agressive and the throttle is more crisp with the 4 degrees advance but my accelleration is definately slower and the gas mileages is down (4-5 MPG). Both indicate HP is way down.

The stock timing is pretty good and if you feel the need to advance timing, I can say that 4 degrees is too much. Mine will be stock for the near future. During this timing test I didn't change any fuel mixture settings with the TEKA - I'm still pulling my truck engine and don't have any spare time until it is done this next week.

The only way to tune an engine is with a dynamometer. “Seat of the pantsâ€￾ might work ok for low rpm and small throttle openings. Anything else is just pure guesswork unless the mapping/jetting is way off. It is irrelevant what means are used to tune the engine, i.e. changing jets in a carburetor or using a PC or TEKA. It must be done properly with a dyno. Preferably one that hooks up to the counter shaft, like the Superflow 901. There are too many variables that can change hp readings with a rear wheel dyno, like tire pressure and if the chain is properly maintained and lubed. However dynos are not all gospel. Pro Stock teams spend countless hours tuning their engines on 901s but more hp on the dyno does not necessarily mean lower ETs and higher MPH. Occasionally an engine with higher hp yields lower performance on the track due to the interaction between power delivery, gearing, shift points etc. I have spent countless hours dynoing/tuning four-valve Suzuki GS type Pro Stock engines (1987-89) and believe me; this MUST be done properly.

Wolf

Ok. It's been a week. I'm still anxious on what is going on with the Teka box. Sierra, are you going to dyno that thing or what?

Actually I was never intending to dyno the bike at all. My intent was to provide an alternative to the power commanders for us shade tree mechanics. Dynos cost a lot of time and money to do it right. One has to write a custom map to let your bike be "all it can be". It is a process of dyno - map - dyno - map - dyno until you squeeze out every last HP. There are no dynos in Tahoe, so the most I could do is buy a PC and download someone's map that is an approximation at best. I would have to live with that or maybe tweak the manual buttons a little to try and improve its feel. That is about the same as the TEKA except you can adjust the map directly in the ECU and you can do it real time. You can adjust the settings while riding if you want to. The controller plugs into the harness and you adjust it with the engine running. Its a matter of finding a road in the middle of nowwhere and making runs at different RPMs. You adjust the mixture until the bike pulls hardest. Then you move up to the next RPM range and adjust that until it pulls as hard as possible (best 1/8th mile accelleration or most wheelie, etc.). The resolution of the adjustments on the TEKA is very high so you can fine tune. It will be what feels strongest because there is no dyno. But I expect it will be better than any generic downloaded map. I think you are expecting the dyno results from the discussions above where Johnny and others were concluding that the only way to see which system is best is to do a side-by-side on a dyno. Someone in Europe is planning on doing it, not me. I can't. The PC allows timing changes that the TEKA does not. So TEKA does have a limitation there. But without a dyno, I think it would be dangerous to mess with timing anyway. With a dyno the PC allows more variables to be adjusted and will probably test out better than a TEKA. Without a dyno the TEKA is easier to use and can be tweaked to a finer level than any download. What is important to me is each time I modify the engine the TEKA allows me to adjust the mixture in less than an hour to optimize. I am always doing something to my bike. The PC would have to be custom remapped or a new download file found that would work. And if you are using a dyno to optimize fully that means more time and money each time you do an engine mod to get a new optimized custom map. I am willing to sacrafice a few % of efficiency to save that time and $. I am not a serious racer.

I am still in the middle of replacing my truck engine and haven't had time to breath - nevermind mess with the bike. I need to remove the Busa timing advance key I installed 2 months ago before I play with the mixture anyway (Next project after the truck is running). I am sorry to everyone who is waiting for the results of this device. I have had a string of major problems to deal with and am in the peak season of real estate transactions. Things have to lighten up soon? God I hope so!!!!!!

OK I finally had a half hour to remove the timing advancer on the stator wheel. I replaced the old woodruff key and the performance is back. Alot more grunt at all RPMs. So is the gas mileage. I got 46.5 MPG yesterday up here at 6000 ft. At sea level it would be more like 41-42 MPG (highway). Getting on it drops the mileage about 3-5 MPG from these numbers. Bottom line is that the stock advance is perfect as is, AND DON'T BUY an advancer key kit from FactoryPro UNLESS YOUR ENGINE IS HIGHLY MODIFIED know you know exactly what you are doing. It would require a dyno to get timing perfect.

And finally tommorow my truck is done and the TEKA will get used! Again sorry for the delay. I will try and post first results tomorrow night.

Back