New toy added to the fleet...was not expecting to get this, but I am so glad I did!

VaBusa

oRg Gal
Staff member
Administrator
My Mustang used to be a popular topic here, or was I imagining that? I've shared nearly every memory in her with the gang here for 14 years. She's 23 and I've driven her for 21 - that's commitment; she owes me nothing. She's a project car now, getting some needed attention in our garage.

Meanwhile, as my oldest heads to college and leaves a hole in my heart, and I've got the sport bike and convertible covered, I'm not hiding the fact that I am having a midlife crisis. I saw, I bought...enough said :firing:

She's fun, and she'll be going to the mountains as soon as I can get time to get there!

NewToy.jpg

NewToy2.jpg

NewToy3.jpg

NewToy4.jpg

My old girl and my new girl :thumbsup:

She's a 7-speed automatic, paddle shift if I want it. After 21 years of clutch shifting my 5-speed GT, I'm definitely having to adjust and wondering if I would have been better off getting the 6-speed manual, but she is fast and fun. Just need seat time.....

I love watching the cars in the mountains, just because there are some amazing rides that head up (thinking of The Dragon, CROT, sitting at KillBoy's shop, etc in NC mountains), but I never understood why anyone would take a 4-wheel anything up there. We're there on 2 and it's so much fun.

Now I know and I can't wait to get her to the mountains!!

The new transmissions these days especially the dual clutch 7 8 9 speeds...they shift so fast you cant keep up even if you were an experienced 20 year hooker :)
250 shot!

The new transmissions these days especially the dual clutch 7 8 9 speeds...they shift so fast you cant keep up even if you were an experienced 20 year hooker :)
250 shot!

It's very different, but I'll get there! I'm not biting on the 250 shot. @nitrousjunkie used to try to talk me in to lots of things with my Mustang, but she's mostly stock, minor tweaks like exhaust, short shift kit...motor is still strong, for a reason :laugh:

Awesome car Michelle! Have fun on the mountain, especially in a car that corners like a cat on carpet.

Back