New tool im thinking of adding to the box

Dopey

Donating Member
Registered
So I came across this nifty little contraption and thought it may interest someone else as much as it did me.
My cousin just had new tires put on his gixxer tonight by a friend of a friend and had the guy tighten his chain since it was loose. I met up with him after the tires where on and noticed a whining kind of noise coming from his bike so we stopped and the guy had his chain tighter then a banjo string. Now I can understand chains occasionally tighten after you toque ther axle but to not check is just bad workmanship. I figured people like that should definitely have something like this. I already have the little alignment tool by motion pro but I do like the idea of making the tensioning part a little easier and not having to break out the tape measure and crawl around on the ground quite so much.

So I came across this nifty little contraption and thought it may interest someone else as much as it did me.
My cousin just had new tires put on his gixxer tonight by a friend of a friend and had the guy tighten his chain since it was loose. I met up with him after the tires where on and noticed a whining kind of noise coming from his bike so we stopped and the guy had his chain tighter then a banjo string. Now I can understand chains occasionally tighten after you toque ther axle but to not check is just bad workmanship. I figured people like that should definitely have something like this. I already have the little alignment tool by motion pro but I do like the idea of making the tensioning part a little easier and not having to break out the tape measure and crawl around on the ground quite so much.
maybe tight spot
throw the bike on a rear stand and check chain tension in a couple spots

Back