new to turbos

1313R

Registered
I just ordered a ghetto turbo stage one for my Busa. I have 16,000 miles on her and the stock intake cam on the exhaust side. Do I need to change anything or should she be good to go turbo as is? What problems am I most likely to face? Any answers are greatly appreciated.
smile.gif

Don't know anything about the Ghetto but if it's close to the Velocity you should not have any problems with the install...Your biggest concern will be the fueling you want to ensure that it is correct...Otherwise just prepare yourself for tons of fun...

yes after the install it should be tunned imediatly on a dyno don't go out and play first this could mean disaster so do your pocket book a favor and get it dyno tuned before you play trust me you and your pocket book with thank me
tounge.gif

oH and then have fun for a few months cause the pocket book will start to scream as you want to go bigger and better for more power and speed trust me it's to addicting also
biggrin.gif

Make sure you Dyno tune by someone who knows Busaa and can tune turbos.

So no problems runnig that cam huh? Is there anything other than getting it tuned to look out for? Thanks for the help fellas. No it's just the anticipation that's killing me.:D

i would not think so as long as you get adjustable cam sprokets might need to be some timeing done are you putting in a spacer yes or no? if no them should be ok if yes then you will need them cam sprokets

hmmm....intake usually open/close slower than the exhaust cam (milder slope).

If you had them degree'd for NA running, they may have too much overlap for good turbo use. But IMO, its worth re-degreeing the cams either way when you go to a turbo system.

At worse, it'll be softer than it could be.

stock cams will run the best with a stage 1 ghetto... go talk to dennis and he'll tell ya the same thing.
smile.gif

1313R: how much $ did you pay for your kit? I'm looking at the Velocity and Ghetto kits.

Alright, I changed up and ordered a Velocity stage two kit from Sebastian at NLR. They (velocity) have a sale on at the moment. 5700 shipped.:)

congrats!!!! you'll love boost.... its mindblowing!!!!
wow.gif
laugh.gif

Back