New to the site

trinity999

Registered
Just bought a new 06 busa finally got the bike I wanted after 13 years of riding it is my first new purchase --sweet power and handling isn't bad either lookin to upgrade exhaust. Start w/ slipons and go from there.

Your going to get a lot of opinions on Full Systems VS Bolt ons.

Here's mine Full system gets you about 10hp maybe, plus you'll need a powercommander. Yadda Yadda. Cool if you think you need those 10 extra horses and 20 lbs weight loss.

Bolt ons take about 10 minutes and your done. Loose prolly 5-8lbs, gain maybe uh... 3hp? BUT gives your Busa a great sound and that is all I think a lot of us are after.

All that being said? I'd say go with Yoshimura hands down. Their pipes sound great, fit perfect and are top quality.

But, Bonus of the D&D pipes is that they are cheap.

So I say go for the Yoshimura B/Os. Easy, no need for additional work (usually) and you get all the sound and look you're after.

Check out the forsale section or post a thread in the wanted forum.

I went with a full 4-2-1 yosh and love it PCIIIusb and map for it ,
if your happy with power it has bolt on exhaust, and maybe marble mod will be needed to keep it from backfiring little cheaper that way and don't need the PCIII
wink.gif

I got my black D&Ds bolt-ons from www.starcycle.com for $499 delivered, perfect fit, good looks, excelent sound. Yoshis RS3 stainless are only $20 more.

<!--EDIT|motorkar
Reason for Edit: None given...|1145315145 -->

Copy_of_P7230006.JPG

Best bang-for-your-buck, IMO, has to be a full system-more power, better sound, less weight n usually better ground clearance. Slip-ons better only if your goin for best sound for the money, not power.
Got HMF hi-mounts on mine.

bikeshot.JPG

Back