new to the site

not sure yet...this is my first time really customizing a sport bike. on my others i did simple mods, like exhaust, lights, levers, etc. thats why i decided on a busa, for one performance but also to get it to look like no else's around. I'm pretty much learning on the fly getting my info...so any help would be much appreciated. i know i want a 240 tire with probably an 8" stretch, something in line or flowing with the rear tail. I'm real into clean and simple and i don't do chrome on sportbikes. thats why i have a harley.

yea same here this is my first time going all out on my bike. My previous bikes I did simple mods like you did. I would def. recommend the outside drive vs. the jackshaft aka crapshaft. If you search on here you're sure to find some horror stories about crapshatfs and the pain it is to adjust them. Im no mechanic so the less adjusting I have to do the better it is for me. As far as the arm goes you can go soild billet alum. or tubular arm, single sided arm or regular arm. Wheels you can have ur stock wheels widen to accomadate a 240 or you can get a whole new set of customs wheels all depending on what your budget is and what you're looking to spend. That's pretty much it for the major components. If I missed anything or you have any questions feel free to ask. Im sure either me or all the helpful members on the org will be able to answer them.

sanket_420...

i am definitely doing a 240 regular arm. is the solid billet arm better or is the tubular arm better. anything i should be looking out for?

also...who is the shop doing your work? did you order the parts and are having them put it on or did they do the whole kit for you?

thanks

I personally like the tubular look so I went with that and have under and over bracing on it for max. support as Im stretching it really long. The shop did all the parts ordering but I also was involved with the places the parts were ordered from so I know how much exactly its costing me and the shop wont overcharge/rip me off. Also just a heads up to get your hands on an outside drive ur gonna go through hell. It took me over a month just to get someone to sell me the kit. Roaring toyz makes them but wouldn't sell me just the kit, they wanted me to buy an arm from them also tcosting me $3000 where I would have no use for the arm because they couldn't make it 18" over. I mean I wasnt looking for a free bee but Im not trying to get ripped off either. Finally my guy at the shop was able to get a hold of someone who would sell me the kit and it should be arriving any day. Paid for it a month ago.

Back