New to the site...need some help

Nicky Fre$H

Registered
Whats good party people? Just tryin to get my post on. Just bought a 06 busa from some bull that got in a pretty serious wreck. Im havin trouble getting the bike started tho. Its only got 2500 on the motor so the thing is a baby. I'm thinkin the fact that I dont have the guage cluster attached(cuz looks like someone got hungry on it) will not let the bike fire. I turn the key and i hear the fuel pump, light work, etc. I sprayed some ether in the intake and fired it for a sec so i know theres no engine knock(like 30% sure) but im starting to get mad. I want this thing on the road asap. The bike also has west coast cycles lm 508 pager alarm in it and thats not working. Im assuming that could be a problem too...ehlp please so i can rip this beautiful bike. Its sitting on my lift in my basement taunting me everyday. Im starting to hear it talk to me...haha psych nah...

Gauge cluster will not stop the bike from starting. I am thinking tip-over switch... or clutch switch?

tip over switch? come on now with the clutch switch...dont insult me it my first day...hahahaa

My thoughts were TP because of the wreck and clutch because obviously theres frontal damage.

Shawn can give you his thoughts.

Tell us what you have checked.

My buddy wrecked a CBR600 and the headlight was disconnected and it would not crank unless it was plugged in.

It kills the engine when you lay the bike down. WarbirdII and Macon454 had issues with theirs this past weekend :whistle:

The clutch switch has two wires that come from the back side of the housing... pull the clutch in all you want, but if those wires aren't making contact - no bang... try jiggling that harness while trying to start her.

The clutch switch has two wires that come from the back side of the housing... pull the clutch in all you want, but if those wires aren't making contact - no bang... try jiggling that harness while trying to start her.

ahhhh...so i am as unintellegent as u think...haha...ill give it a try and let u know fo sho

Back