new to the forums

bosshog

Registered
What's up guys...new to the forum.  been reading the forums for about 3months.  should be getting my k8 busa in the next few weeks.  
Have a question. Do you have to have pc2 or3 for slip ons?
rock.gif
And if so why is it necessary? Thanks for any imput.  Glad to be on the forum and lookin forward to a great experience.

I had the M4 slip ons, The A/F was fine. If you were trying get the most out of them, a PCIII and custom tuning would be the way to go.

Welcome
beerchug.gif

The PCII's are not very commonly used anymore I'd definitly go with a PCIII usb. That would be in your best interest for future use.Especialy if you intend on doing alot of future mods, like pair valve mod, air box mod, or any future engine work. Look at it this way the foundation will be there if you decide to build. Good luck, welcome and post some pics when you get a chance.

not really in to any heavy mods..mostly exaust and some cosmetics....really like to cruise and take it easy...i'm a big guy and busa is a big bike.

A/F = Air Fuel ratio.

The purpose of the pc3 is to adjust the air fuel ration and timing. Usually not necessary with just slip ons.

If you do end up getting a PC, I'd go with Steve at Smithers Customs. he has the best prices on these right now, is a board sponsor, and a great guy to deal with. Here's his # 913-768-8667.

I added a PCIII usb to my '03 Busa, along with a custom dyno-tune. The bike is basically stock with a BMC air filter and slip ons. Picked up a little power but the biggest thing is that low rpm response is much crisper, throttle response is more "instant". That's the benefit of proper tuning.

Welcome to the mayhem.

You'll enjoy your time here. Lots of great peeps and info for your enjoyment and use.

Where are you getting your bike from? Which color scheme did you pick?

Ride on!

Scar

I really like the forum...seem like sum cools guys here...and the info is greeeaattttt....Gettin the bike from Honda East in Toledo.......waiting on the blue/gold...holla
beerchug.gif

do you have to go to the stealerships to get tuning done....also..how hard is it to install the slip ons for the DYS....or is that best left to the stealership aswell?
rock.gif
?

Installing slip-ons is as easy as unbolting the old and installing the new. As for Tuning, any shop with a dyno and some Busa knowledge is fine. I don't think I'd take my Busa to a Harley shop for tuning. I belive you'll find that the general census will be is that the money spent for pc3 and tune isn't justifiable for the end results with just slip-ons. I mean, you're in the $500 range for pc and tune to gain what
rock.gif

thanks..mzrsq....makes a lot of sense....hope that you don't have to remove the side panels cuz it looks like a lot of work...think i will go with slip ons and no pc...until i know better.... thanks.
beerchug.gif

Back