New to the Forum with a 05 LE Hayabusa

SIGSAUER

Registered
Hi everyone,

My last bike was an 07 Yamaha FZ1 and I was looking for something that had a bit more of a sporty position and more power. I think I made the right choice as I've put about 1500 miles on it since last Sunday and it has been a joy to ride.

It came with a Bagster tank bra and Bag, a Givi Top Case, and frame sliders. The bike has 17500 miles on it now, so I'll be getting a 15000 mile service on it soon. I need to get some stands so I can do my own work but for now it's the busy time of year for me at work so I'm just going to send it in for this service.

I was really surprised just how well it handled in the mountain twisties.

I was afraid the extra weight might make it harder to get in the turns but once there it holds a nice line. The MPG was also great as I brought it back on I-80 from Wyoming to Nevada and I was getting almost 50mph on the flats and riding it around town and the twisities I'm averaging 45mph. I was expecting mid 30's is it normal to get this good of mpg and has anyone noticed any drop offs when running slip ons without a PC?

I'm considering a couple mods mostly cosmetic but would appreciate any feedback on what I've chosen.

M4 Retro Drag slip ons. These so far are the only ones that I've found that I like.

The youtube video sounds great

I am wondering though how they compare to others. I had a Micron GP on my FZ1 and I loved it's sound but I'd prefer to be slightly less in volume or at least the same. The Microns GP's were said to be pushing 107 DB's.

My largest concern though is losing any low end torque or experiencing any flat spots as I don't plan on running a PC.

For cosmetic I'm looking at the following:

Clear Alternatives smoked front lenses.

Considering an undertail but I'm not sure where I'm going to go with this. I'd like to retain most if not all the trunk space and I'd like it to be sturdy. I've been looking at the Mototek but I'd be interested to know how much trunk space I will lose.

I'd also like to know if there is an under tail that has a license plate bracket but would allow the use of a Clear Alternative Integrated rear light. I found one by Exotic Sport Bikes. It's the one at the bottom: Hayabusa (1999-2007)

What do you guys think will it work with the CA light and does anyone have experience with these?

Here's some pictures of my new ride:

100_0153.jpg

100_0160.jpg

100_0161.jpg

100_0147.jpg

CIMG2218.jpg

Congrats! See the bike has been to the Dragon. Welcome to the madness.

welcome and as a side note... that 07 they claim in the vid....lol

:welcome: to the board

you will lose a lot of space with the Mototek undertail, you have to cut the rear like this just to get it to fit

IMG_0747 (Large).jpg

IMG_0753 (Large).jpg

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!!

:welcome: Someone knows about the picture :rulez:

Sorry I read the picture posting thread, did I miss something about how many I should post?

Congrats! See the bike has been to the Dragon. Welcome to the madness.

Yup the original owner has made a couple trips there.

welcome and as a side note... that 07 they claim in the vid....lol

Isn't the 07 exhaust setup the same as far back as 99. They list this exhaust as being for 99 thru 07 on M4's website.

Man that is an Ugly bike :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Yes but the rider on mine is much better looking :poke: .

:welcome: to the board

you will lose a lot of space with the Mototek undertail, you have to cut the rear like this just to get it to fit

Yeah not sure I like that. Any better options, I'd really like to use a Clear Alternatives and clean up the rear end but if my only option is to trip up the stock fender then thats what I'll do but I'd rather it look cleaner then that though.

Back