new to the form. just got a 04 limited

04 limited

Registered
i just got a 2004 limited it has 9000 miles on it. it came with Yoshimura R-77 Carbon Fiber slip-ons 2nd gen made to fit on it, stock headers, PC3 USB, stock air filter. i dont know what MAP is on it. i do know that the PC3 was on it be for the pipes were. i think its running really rich. ill get a lot of black smoke out the pipes when just starting it when i rev it up. i know i need to get it on a dyno and a custom MAP. so i guess my ? is what would u guys say or do? do u guys know where a good dyno around Fergus Falls MN or Fargo ND

thanks for ur help

remove the PC3 and see what happens. bike should run fine with slip-ons only. BTW, congrats and welcome.

i just got a 2004 limited it has 9000 miles on it. it came with Yoshimura R-77 Carbon Fiber slip-ons 2nd gen made to fit on it, stock headers, PC3 USB, stock air filter. i dont know what MAP is on it. i do know that the PC3 was on it be for the pipes were. i think its running really rich. ill get a lot of black smoke out the pipes when just starting it when i rev it up. i know i need to get it on a dyno and a custom MAP. so i guess my ? is what would u guys say or do? do u guys know where a good dyno around Fergus Falls MN or Fargo ND

thanks for ur help
I have the exact same bike......beautiful machines. For just slip-ons I would take the pcIII off, you don't need it. Its just one more thing to give you problems. Just do the marble mod and be done with it.......thats how I ran my slips.

you don't need the pc3 unless you have a full system orsome other mods . Welcome and at least you got the fastest color and year !! :thumbsup:

:welcome: You can use the k/n and still get rid of the pc3. Alternatively , try a different generic map not specific to your slipon. I have slipons and a k/n and see no Noticable difference before and after installing pcv.

Back