new to the boards, lookin for a busa

jman83

Registered
Hey guys I caught the Busa bug and I've started looking at buying one for sometime. I found a 2000 Busa with 10,000 miles, original owner, Yoshi exhaust. He's says its an unrestricted model, so I figure in was made earlier on in the year. What type of a price would be reasonable for this year? Also, what kind of problems should I look for? any recalls I need to know about?
Any help would be much appreciated. Love the way these bikes ride and look and I would love to get one. Just want to make sure I get a good bike for the money I put down. Thanks again for the help.

Ive seen posts on this year model before. As i recall there was an issue with the fuel pump. something about how it filtered fuel from the tank. Only 10k is great. Ask the owner about it. it might have been dealt with by now. IM sure others on the board will chime in with more info for you. And welcome to the board by the way. Its a good place. Kinda like AA for busa riders..lol There is a ton of good info here with good advise from the members. Oh and when you get your scoot pics are mandatory!:rulez:...lol

Welcome to the oRg. I think there we some other issues with the sub frame, do you plan to carry a passenger?

All 99 and 00 model year Busa's are unrestricted. Subframe was never an issue on my 00, but you can pick up a later model steel one for cheap, and racers are always looking for the early model aluminum ones, you're money ahead with that. Cam chain tensioner recall needs to be done if it hasn't already, call your local Suzi dealer and give them the VIN, they will tell you if it's been done. Look up the fuel filter mod and do that, and be prepared to replace the fuel pump when it quits. Price depends on the mods and condition.

Thanks for the info. I'm going to look at the bike today and I will ask him if the recalls have been done. If they have, would $ 4000 be to much or does that sound reasonable ? Thanks again for all the info u guys posted.
Posted via Mobile Device

2000 was a good year. :thumbsup: $4K seems like a good price for very-low mileage bike.

Never had a problem with the subframe or fuel pump. Cam chain tensioner mod was done when I got it. 80,000 miles and still hittin' the turns.

displayimage.php

still on the original sub frame , cam chain recall done ,cleaned fuel pump screens ,no problems , gotta love it :welcome:

Hey guys got an update for you. Went and looked at the bike today and it was in amazing shape for being ten years old. The MF Date was 11/99 so its unrestricted and it only has 9500 miles on it. It's got duel slip on Yoshimura RS-3's as well as black PM wheels and spiegler braided lines front and rear. Other than that it's pretty much stock which is fine with me. I called the vin in and the dealership said that a recall was done back in Nov 2000, but the didn't have the name of the recall. They did give me a number, #2044. I'm guessing the Chain cam was done because that was the only recall that had come out from what I have read. At the price ($4500)he's asking I figure its a good deal. So I told him I would call him tomorrow with a decision. The bike was definitely taken care of and he has all of the maintenance records. So should I pull the trigger and get this thing? If I do purchase it(at this point I'm leaning toward YES!)What are some things I would need to do maintenance wise that have not been done ? Thanks again for all the input and I look forward to becoming part of this great community(hopefully sooner than later):colgate:

Snap it up, buddy. And welcome aboard!

--Wag--

Hey all! Went ahead and called the guy up and sealed the deal. I pick it up next week and I am super excited:thumbsup: Is there anything I should do when I bring it home before I start riding the hell outta' it?
Anyway, thanks again for all the warm welcomes and I cant wait to start having fun with this bike. I look forward to getting involved with this community and i appreciate all the help you have given me. Stay tuned for the first ride and my impressions. I hope its as much fun as you guys say it is. until next time...

P.S. I posted some pics I took with my phone today. I'll post more once I get it home.

IMAG0026.jpg

IMAG0028.jpg

IMAG0030.jpg

Back