New-To-Me Corbin Seat Pics

I *usually* love Corbin seats, but not the one for the Busa. It should work great if you are tall, but I am only 5'7". The Corbin wants you to sit with your butt firmly planted on the back of the seat, If you're short, you end up on the front with your thighs taking all the weight and not well supported. Had to sell mine after a couple of rides with it. Hope yours works out well for you.

I'm a little worried about that. I'm 5'9" and usually rode the stock seat near the front. I guess I'll know for sure here in the next few days.

What are the next best options for shorter legs? (As if they haven't been discussed).

The Tobin is low and flat, but it's not on par, technically, with the touring seat designs. Sargent doesn't make a Hayabusa seat, but will build one on my pans... so will Rick Mayer, Russell, etc. The Sargent is the most affordable. I've never read a review on the Saddlemen options.

Do you have one on order?

No. I'm the original poster. That's my bike in the pictures. I just haven't had a chance to try it out yet. The weather here has been all rain. Maybe tomorrow hopefully I can take it out for a few hours and make a preliminary judgment call.

I'm a little worried about that. I'm 5'9" and usually rode the stock seat near the front. I guess I'll know for sure here in the next few days.

What are the next best options for shorter legs? (As if they haven't been discussed).

The Tobin is low and flat, but it's not on par, technically, with the touring seat designs. Sargent doesn't make a Hayabusa seat, but will build one on my pans... so will Rick Mayer, Russell, etc. The Sargent is the most affordable. I've never read a review on the Saddlemen options.
Sorry if I scared you, Trout. Definitely try out your new seat and see if it works for you. You're a little taller, so you may be good to go. And even if not, you should be able to easily resell your seat. I posted mine here and had guys fighting to buying it.

I've just decided to live with the stock seat, but have also given some thought to buying a memory foam kit for $50 or so. Sargent sells them.

I've just decided to live with the stock seat, but have also given some thought to buying a memory foam kit for $50 or so. Sargent sells them.

Before I got this Corbin, I took the cover off my stock seat and re-shaped it a little. I dished it out some and also made some small divots that match my butt bones. I actually measured the distance between my bones and made the divots exact. Sorry for the visual there. Even with these small changes, the difference was huge. If the Corbin doesn't work out, I might refine the stock mods and try that for a while.

Back