New-To-Me Corbin Seat Pics

Trout

Registered
Yeah, I'm a Hayabusa photo pimp. Any excuse to put up another picture or two of my girlfriend. Lucky for me, my American wife tolerates my Japanese girlfriend.

Last week, my good friend was trying to help me locate a used Corbin. They are hard to come by. He found some obscure ad on craigs in a far corner of the universe, advertised in the "General Merchandise" section. A few text messages later, and this fine seat is on a UPS truck, homeward bound. It's not new, but it's going to work out just fine. I was a little worried about the gray trim, but I think it blends in just great.

This seat is almost a spitting image of the Corbin Classic Solo that I had on an old Sportster. That was my favorite seat of all time... shaped like an old steel farm tractor seat. I have high hopes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool seat and rack.
I would think you need a few holes in the plate to tie or strap things to it.

Thanks.

The deck was created with one purpose in mind... one 20L dry bag and two nylon straps. This is my standard mode of operation for multi-day trips. If I decide to use a bungee net or something, I can always tie underneath, either to the rack frame or hook to hook. Also, I can always make another deck to bolt to the rack frame. This design will serve the purpose for now:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice seat and I pound with my corbin often. I love the look so much I added the rear saddle with backrest!

I just ordered a Corbin today! With any luck I might have it by Memorial Day.

Trout your rack looks great. And I'm sure it will serve you well. I just thought that putting a hole in each corner wouldn't hurt anything
and would come in handy IF something ever changes. I know that I keep a couple of bungee cords in my tail section just in case.

What year is your bike? I noticed that you have the clear turn signal lights. Did it come that way?
My 04 has the colored ones.

I just thought that putting a hole in each corner wouldn't hurt anything
and would come in handy IF something ever changes. I know that I keep a couple of bungee cords in my tail section just in case.

What year is your bike? I noticed that you have the clear turn signal lights. Did it come that way?
My 04 has the colored ones.

I've waffled back and forth about holes in the deck. I'm still waffling. I guess I can always add holes easier than taking them away. Part of the problem is that I hate working with aluminum. I want it to look professional, but I know that my skills will probably detract from the pro appearance once I start punching holes and trying to make the aluminum look polished and stuff. On another similar project I did a few years ago, I did a grid of holes in the deck. As mentioned, it was almost impossible for me to get them all lined up and finished nicely.

My bike is a 2007. I believe that in 2005, Suzuki switched over to clear signal lenses. They are stock.

I *usually* love Corbin seats, but not the one for the Busa. It should work great if you are tall, but I am only 5'7". The Corbin wants you to sit with your butt firmly planted on the back of the seat, If you're short, you end up on the front with your thighs taking all the weight and not well supported. Had to sell mine after a couple of rides with it. Hope yours works out well for you.

Back