New to me baby track bike!

Grkgrrl

Registered
I know my '99 will forgive me cause I will ride this Kawa with one main goal: to be a better rider for my '99

I pick up the new member in 2 weeks! Yay!!

So you want to use a low bar High peg rev happy race bike to learn how to ride fast in the dirt. So you've bought an adventure bike where you go to ill advised places with inappropriate equipment
It looks like a great track bike

I am sure I can make the appropriate modifications and it will all work out perfectly for what i need; I have a dirt bike for dirt but the exercise needed here is to practice for the salt flats

For a track day, you want a bike with adjustable suspension.
That way it can be set up for Your body weight, and the bike will handle at it's best.
As for training to be better on your Busa, the 2 bikes are completely different, and you would be better off training on the Busa.
I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but you would be much better off spending the money for that little Ninja on something else.
Also, if you do not understand suspension sag, you Need to have your Busa set by someone who does, with You the rider sitting on it in full gear, so it is set at Your body weight.
Especially since you're going for top speed on what is essentially gravel. You Need to make sure that the suspension settings are ideal. It is unsafe otherwise.

For a track day, you want a bike with adjustable suspension.
That way it can be set up for Your body weight, and the bike will handle at it's best.
As for training to be better on your Busa, the 2 bikes are completely different, and you would be better off training on the Busa.
I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but you would be much better off spending the money for that little Ninja on something else.
Also, if you do not understand suspension sag, you Need to have your Busa set by someone who does, with You the rider sitting on it in full gear, so it is set at Your body weight.
Especially since you're going for top speed on what is essentially gravel. You Need to make sure that the suspension settings are ideal. It is unsafe otherwise.
Thank you for that information. I truly appreciate your time for the feedback

I am sure I can make the appropriate modifications and it will all work out perfectly for what i need; I have a dirt bike for dirt but the exercise needed here is to practice for the salt flats
salt flats….. as in land speed racing?

Back